+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League News 2017/2018

I'm glad I choose Sterling over Jesus as capatain. The City hasn't been a great buy for me.

Wish I had of kept 75% chance of playing Baily in my starting side.

One measly point from my strike force, no captain for the second week running (thanks Pep). Disastrous week.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Good choice of captain Sam 👍🏻
    Cheers Mr Bongo... Can't believe I took hazard out for sanchez.

Also, whenever I have a Liverpool player they always do badly for me. Bloody Sallah missing his penalty!

I just don't know what to do regarding Man city. KDB is roo expensive for me tho he always plays. Sterling is a bargain but like Aguero isn't assured of a start. Jesus the same. Sane is quality and is starting to get minutes. But pep really needs to have a word with himself about messing all our dream teams up

Gareth Barry give us a wave, Gareth Barry give us a wave tra la la la ooh tra la la la ooh
    Bongo is our hero bongo is our hero tra la la la ooh
    Last edited by bongosdad; 31-10-2017 at 05:43 AM.

Subtlety is bongos middle name

Week 10

Which of our managers suffered the tricks 👻 and which managers scooped the treats 🍬 in week 10. 🎃

Definitely a week a few of our managers will want to forget ASAP, including yours truly.😢😥
    The writing was on the wall when Kane was withdrawn through injury. Then shock, horror, the unthinkable Pep sticks his oar in yet again and pulls the ultimate dirty trick by removing Aguero from starting lineup. 😱😰 resulting in howls of anguish, especially from Rosie 😭 who was convinced it would be Jesus pulled.

MANAGER WATCH

11 managers between them nominated 6 different Man City players as their captain. Aguero was top choice with 5 giving him the armband before it all went pear shaped.

Our managerial dynamic duo Tony and Jose used their brilliant 💡tactical nous to give Sane the armband and he produced an amazing performance and treated his managers to 24 stunning points. Sterling was the runner up earning 14 points for his manager Yubby and there was a tie for 3rd place on 10 points between Morata and Lukaku.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Well just in case you didn’t know Bongo has won the award for week 10 with 58 scintillating points. Fit to burst the excitable Bongo couldn’t wait to inform us of his win with a tuneful ditty. 🤣 Well done Bongo 👏

TOP 6

1. Gornal Villians
    2. Mr Tee
    3. Pedigree Chump
    4. Cubist Masterpiece
    5. Hubball’s Harriers
    6. Top 6 Finish

No positional changes in the top 6 this week. However the gap between Gornal and Tony has narrowed to 10 points.

RELEGATION 😱

15. Ozston Villa
    16. TDFC
    17. Winnie’s Warriors

Bad week for Winnie as well as myself. 😥

DRONGO 🎩

Although it pains me I have to say I was going to give Arran the Drongo but when you check it’s obvious he is not in control of his team so it’s seams unfair to keep awarding them. So as with Dave I thought it best to refrain from issuing any awards until they are back in control of their teams.

That’s means next person inline for the Drongo is me with 24 miserly points just managing to hold off Winnie who had 25 points.

In my defence only 7 of my team actually took to the field😡👿. The blame lies squarely with Pep, not my fault I am the victim. I know excuses, excuses. 😏😒😁

2 Free Hit tokens played this week by Dazzy and Jose.

After gameweek 11 fixtures which commence on 4th November there is yet another International break for World Cup play offs and friendlies. So Fantasy League will be back on 18th November.

Great write up again Rosie. I honestly don't know how you find time to go thru all of that information and stats and then write it all up 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I heard a rumour that Arran is actually Pep and is just using his position as man City manager to balls up our own selections!

Thanks Rosie 👍🏻 that's got to be one of the lowest scoring wins in history.

😎

Week 11

CAPTAIN WATCH

An assortment of 8 different captains chosen by our managers this week. With 7 managers entrusting Kane with the captaincy and 4 managers giving his teammate Ericksen the armband. Obviously hoping and praying that with Crystal Palace as the opposition their captains would fill their boots. Their dreams may have gone up in smoke but at least Pochettino had the decency to sub Kane after 77 minutes ensuring we got our 2 second half points. 😏

Only 1 manager the football genius and tactical mastermind that is Bongo chose ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Salah⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ as captain who in return treated his manager to a champagne 🥂 performance earning a stupendous 30 points for his team, a distant second was Aguero earning 16 points for Gornal.

Well played Bongo. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

The Welsh Wizard Bongo and Bongo United for the second week running scoop the award. Leaving everyone else in their wake as they cruised to 71 monstrous points. Nearest team finishing 17 points behind was Winnie and the Warriors.

Brilliant performance from Super B 👏👏👏

Bongo will have to purchase a new trophy cabinet. 🤣

TOP 6

1 Gornal Villians
    2. MrTee
    3. Pedigree Chump
    4. Cubist Masterpiece
    5. Hubball’s Harriers
    6. Kirkley Krusaders

Only one change this week Jesh ousts Nuc from 6th place.

RELEGATION 😱😱😱

15. Ozston Villa
    16. Winnie’s Warriors
    17 TDFC

DRONGO 🎩

Rosie and TAG’s
    Iwuz and Crimson Tide
    33 points

Not to be out done I have replicated Bongo’s winning mentality by securing the coveted Drongo for the second week on the trot. However I am having to share the hat with Iwuz.

Close call for the Drongo Nuc 34 points and Yubby and Arran with 35 points.

Arran is back in charge of his team. 😃
    Perhaps he always was and it’s fiendish plan. 😜😛

Three tokens played.

Gornal - Wildcard
    Picasso - Bench Boost
    Arran - Triple Captain

Fantasy League returns 18th November.

Ps Thanks guys for your kind comments 😃

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)