+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League News 2017/2018

Warriors team sheet typed!

Hopefully no spelling mistakes as it was rather last minute.

Sam, you bit swot - I have absolutely no idea what the ownership percentages are of any of my team! I've a feeling I'm going straight to the back of the class this year with "could try harder" on my end of season report card from Rosie.

You'll be surprised at my midfield though - not playing so safe this season ...

Good luck everyone and may the best girl win! Oh. That's Rosie then.

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    Warriors team sheet typed!

Hopefully no spelling mistakes as it was rather last minute.

Sam, you bit swot - I have absolutely no idea what the ownership percentages are of any of my team! I've a feeling I'm going straight to the back of the class this year with "could try harder" on my end of season report card from Rosie.

You'll be surprised at my midfield though - not playing so safe this season ...

Good luck everyone and may the best girl win! Oh. That's Rosie then.

Winnie

I didn't know the ownership percentages of my team either until Sam mentioned it and I took a look and now wish I hadn't 😱😱😱😱.

Your way too modest Winnie I can only recall finishing in front of you once and that was when you got locked out of the Warriors dressing room. 😳

Expect Sam is having his prematch grey rinse applied and perfecting his miserable sullen look as he morphs into Jose. 😨

“This is a game with two goals, but there is one team that like to play without the ball. That team plays really well and the ball goes and goes and goes and the quality of the ball possession is good, but they don’t score. No points. They asked the FIFA committee if they can win like this but they’re told it’s not possible. That the bigger possession is not essential to win matches and they are not champions.”

“Then, there is another team. Only with one goal. And they score a lot of goals, from players in every position, and they score and they score and they score. But they never concede a goal because there’s no goal. They speak to FIFA and they say they can’t be champions because there is only one goal.”

There is a third team, and the third team wants to play with two goals. They were scoring some, they were also conceding some. But they score really beautiful goals and then the bus comes along and they couldn’t do it.”

This is my preseason drivel thathe definitely makes sense and is 100% not a Mourinho statement

Week 1

Week 1 has seen some serious scoring from our teams but the glory depended on who our managers chose as their captain.

Step forward 7 very wise managers who gave Lukaku the armband, while five unwise managers picked Kane as their chosen one. It was a no contest Lukaku literally wiped the floor with Kane earning 26 points for his teams against 2points. Lukaku was followed by Aguero 18 points and Lacazette 12 points.

Name:  Manager of the Week.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  6.2 KB

Joint winners of our first manager of the week award with 78 points

Cubist Masterpiece - Picasso
    A masterly performance from Picasso showing he means business this season.

Pedigree Chump - Dazzy
    Dazzling Dazzy is back on form.

Well done guys.

Week 1 League Table

1 Cubist Masterpiece - Picasso
    Pedigree Chump - Dazzy

3 Mr Tee - Tony

4 HJ - Aston Lilla

5 Jose - Hubball's Harriers
    Gornal - Gornal Villans

Interesting Tony is leading his nephew Jose.

Propping up the Week 1 Table

15 - BB - Billesley Villans

16 - Arran - Chinese Takeaway

17 - TD - TDFC

Dave's captain Cahill did not help his cause on -6 points which helped secure his 17th position. However Dave don't despair we also award a coveted weekly Drongo for the manager finishing on the lowest points and because of the Cahill debacle you are awarded a Mare of the week as well.

Name:  Hat 1.png
Views: 176
Size:  12.3 KB Name:  imagesJ3V7Q75G.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  6.7 KB

I know you are still spewing from yesterdays result but we will all have a collection by the end of the season. As Bongo likes to say think of Yazz - The Only Way Is Up

First gameweek over on 37 to go.
    Last edited by VillaRosie; 13-08-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Thank you for your review.. I've missed this 😁

Well hope I haven't peaked too soon

Haha nice one Rosie. Welcome to the league drongo Dave.
    Well done Picasso!

lucky first week dazzy

Dizzy will fall from that height very soon.

I am pleased. My team played well. My choice for captain showed why he is superior to Kane. You cannot win the league on the opening day nor can you lose it but I would rather be 5th that 15th after round one.

I did not see what happened with the Warriors but I assume they are already midtable. My uncle taught me everything I know but I have learned more since then.

José is the special one. The Harriers are a special team

I feel honoured it's the first thing I have ever won although steve Bruce cannot be far behind me 😎

Yes, thank you Romelu. Captain choice/luck appears to be ***** in this game. Kane could quite easily have scored two and the table would look very different..........but then he never scores in August.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)