+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League News 2017/2018

Week 5

I know I am quick off the mark this week just hoping the league has finished updating.

CAPTAIN WATCH

Right where do I start?

This week with 5 managers each Lukaku and Kane where the joint managers choice to lead their teams. However the ensuing face off was a big let down with Lukaku the easy winner with 24 points to Kane's 4. No one else worth a mention.

The headline though is Aguero's magnificent 40 points⭐️. Strangely only 2 managers had Aguero on their team sheet and only 1 of them gave him the armband and that was Gornal. I suspect most of you who checked out the league on Saturday evening sussed that out. Picasso was the other manager who selected him but regrettably for Picasso not as captain I suspect there may have been a few words of regret. 😩

There where audible sighs of relief from the remainder of our managers when Sterling begged Aguero to let him take the penalty for their 6th goal. 😳

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Another no contest Gornal and Gornal Villans wiped the floor with the rest of us breaking the 💯 points barrier with a 104 scintillating points finishing 33 points ahead of 2nd highest scoring team Tony and Mr Tee with 71 points, and at the same time stretching his lead at the top to 45 points. Tremendous score Gornal well played, definitely a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ performance.

TOP SIX

1. Gornal - Gornal Villans
    2. Tony - Mr Tee
    3. Dazzy - Pedigree Chump
    4. Picasso - Cubist Masterpiece
    5. Jose - Hubball's Harriers
    6. Nuc - Top 6 Finish

RELEGATION 😨😱😰

15. Rosie - TAG'S
    16. Dave - TDFC
    17. Arran - Chinese Takeaway

Same bottom 3 as last week I believe we are just bouncing around in a different order.

DRONGO 🎩

From hero to zero for BB, after collecting last weeks Manager Award, this week sees him sharing the Drongo with Yubby on 41 points. Leaving HJ and Oz heaving sighs of relief. Hopefully Winnie will not notice your Drongo Yubby. 😝😛😜

Apart from Gornal the other teams 5 teams making up the top 6 have had a shuffle around with the main casualty Hubball's Harriers who have dropped to 5th spot and may find their top 6 status in jeopardy. Not the best of weeks for Villa Mads 'Special One' Jose. 😱

I suspect Tony's text this week could contain more than 2 words. 😳

Dazzy duly played his wildcard as announced last week.

Can I add to my amazing team selection, I traded in Pogba, who then went and did his hammy and I did last minute take the armband off him and chose Debryune but obviously didn't save my team.

Grrrrrrr

Yes, cursing my decision to relieve Sergio of last week's captains armband. I had hoped Erickson would fill his boots against Swansea. It seems you are either in the Aguero or Kane camp, basically because you can't afford both without seriously comprising the whole team. Great write up again Rosie. Very entertaining.

Tis but a scratch

Thanks Rosie, great stuff!
    Gutted! I signed marshal for pogba on Saturday morning not realising there was a game on Friday! Marshal score too. Barry on the bench did me proud with 3 points though.
    Good 70 points for me, onwards and upwards!

Thanks Rosie, great stuff

Yep wild card played although not sure what good it did me lol

Try not to buy Woofswinkle this time Dazzy 😂

Ok I've taken a risk this week. I'm set though. You can't win without taking chances. It's still all the play for.

Tony's text this week "get the manager right!"

This is a big weekend for the special one and the special team. We need to show our specialness. My captain is either going to be brilliant or not play.

So I've had enough.

All dead wood gone! Players needing surgery gone! Highly paid players not playing to their ability gone!

New team almost coming out to play this week....

Week 6

CAPTAIN WATCH

It was a case of out with old and in with the new captain wise this week. We know we can be fickle as managers so it will come as no surprise that although Lukaku featured in 13 of our teams only Dazzy and Nuc retained his services as captain. I hope all managers are aware their rendition of the Lukaku song as a goal celebration is now banned. 😜😝😛

Obviously with some creative wheeling and dealing by some of our managers during the week Aguero's name appeared on 6 team sheets as captain, making him the top pick this week.

However, top performing captain was Morata and of the 4 managers who had him in their starting lineup only the brilliant 💡tactical genius that is Winnie made him captain earning a mamouth 34 points points for the Warriors. ⭐️ trailing in 2nd Kane 26 points, 3rd Aguero 22 points and a very distant 4th Lukaku 14 points.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Jesh and Kirkley Krusaders scoop the award this week with an amazing 87 points ⭐️ Well played Jesh.

TOP 6

1. Gornal Villans
    2. Mr Tee
    3. Pedigree Chump
    4. Cubist Masterpiece
    5. Hubball's Harriers
    6. Kirkley Krusaders

Only change in the top 6 is Jesh has dislodged Nuc and replaced him in 6th spot. Although Chumps and Cubist Masterpiece are on the same point total Dazzy retains 3rd spot due to zero transfers this week.

RELEGATION 😱😰😨

15. TAG's
    16. TDFC
    17. Chinese Takeaway

Same sides in relegation trouble in the same order, we haven't got the energy to bounce around this week.

DRONGO 🎩

Arran adds another Drongo to his collection with 49 points.

3 teams played tokens this week:-

HJ - deciding the Wildcard was the way forward.

Iwuz - 2nd of our managers to play the Free Hit Token.

Rosie - I played the Bench Boost Token resulting in a spectacular 1 point added to my score. 😡

Yubby has already informed us that he has cleared out the dead wood from his team. So I am guessing he could perhaps be dusting off his Wildcard. 🤗 On the bright side Yubby I see you are in 1st place in the other VM League 😜😝😛😋

I see Pep has caused pandemonium in some teams by withdrawing the miracle worker Jesus from his starting lineup always seems to be a problem when Champions League matches are due to be played and the 'other managers' start tinkering with their teams. 😡

I wonder what words of wisdom Jose and Tony have for us this week in there post match interview and text respectively. 😀😃😄

After completion of the next game weeks fixtures which commence on 30th September there is yet another Internamtional break with Fantasy League returning on 14th October.

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)