+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League News 2017/2018

Fantasy League News 2017/2018

ITS BACK !!!!!!!

Name:  clash-royale-trophies-300x300.jpg
Views: 1195
Size:  5.0 KB

First of all welcome TD and his team TDFC to VM Fantasy League. I have a feeling your going to be good at this Dave and that's worrying.

If everyone is agreeable instead of posting the top three weekly scores I propose to have a Manager of the week medal awarded to the manager/team with the highest point score, likewise I will not post the league positions every week when there is no change. Drongo of the week will stay though. Hope that's ok.

A busy closed season for our managers wheeling and dealing, decisions, decisions do we include any ex Villa players in our team. Bongo in turmoil because Gabby is ineligible, Freer has kindly offered to push through a transfer on some unsuspecting Premiership club. Last seen Gabby wearing a Villa shirt with Kodjia on the back. With most managers clueless on the players Man City. Chelsea etc have spent squillions on spending hours slumped over their computers consulting Google.

So with copious free team changes coming to an end Friday our team sheets must be handed in and our teams revealed.

Just a few thoughts to ponder:-

Who will panic first and play their Wildcard?

Who will play the Free Hit token first?

Does everyone fully understand the Free Hit token?

Will anyone confuse the Free Hit token with the Wildcard?

Who will be the first to whine?

Will Rosie again play her Triple Captain token and not realise she has? Stands a good chance

How come Josh King was a midfielder last season and now he's a forward?

Super Computer's latest predictions on the possible favourites for the coveted cup based on last years finishing positions.

HJ - Aston Lilla
    Iwuz - The Crimson Tide

The current joint holders of the title and must be in with chance of defending it.

BB - Billesley Villans

A highly respected manager could see his team up for title challenge this year.

Jose Hubball - Hubball's Harriers

VM's very own Portugeezer. The ever modest Jose feels its his year for the title however does worry about his arch nemesis Winnie giving him a good run for his money.

Arran - Chinese Takeaway

A previous title winner could possibly mount a challenge.

Picasso - Cubist Masterpiece

Having some midfield injury woes with his current team but last season had a brilliant finish. Could be a surprise package.

Winnie-Winnie's Warriors

A previous winner so Winnie's got the pedigree, talent and class (hope you like the build up) to take on the lads. Especially likes putting Aussie's in their place.

Or could one of us outsiders spring a surprise.

So lets see how good Super Computer is at predicting.

16 teams registered at the moment. 38 game weeks of blood, sweat and tears ahead. I wish you all

GOOD LUCK

Remember Arsenal v Leicester kicks off the opening fixture on Friday 11th August.
    Last edited by VillaRosie; 07-08-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Amen to all that VR, thank you for your efforts getting me on board

Awesome Rosie!!! I'm getting really excited now. I still can't work out my side.

Well done rosie - to make it easier for you tho just write

The SPECIAL ONE LIVED UP TO HIS NAME when I win each week. And good luck to all the other managers for taking part

Rosie you maybe a sweet and lovely lady, but as with everyone else in this comp, I am going to take no prisoners (cause they're all here already) and woop every single one of you!

Yubby unless you have been studying my autobiograpghy "Being the Special One" - you have no hope in making up the 9 places you were behind me and my wonderful team last year.

And unless you have found a player likely to gain you those extra 200+ points you were so far behind The Special One last year (or can do a Bongo esque feidling of 12 players) you unfortunately will remain mid to bottom of the table.

And don't think because you are in a country where the wildlife can kill you makes you stronger! You and your team are as lightweight as Fosters piss water

Fighting talk! I like it.

My team is brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Fighting talk! I like it.

My team is brilliant
    Your team is only as good as the manager. Your team is as likely to win as a yeti is to do a sponsored walk or gabby Agbonlahor is to get 20 goals a season.

There's a flaw in your team - and I haven't even seen it - but you are the manager and that is the flaw.

You can't have a special team because you are not the Special One #mememe

Thanks for the pre-season build up Rosie. I shall remain publicly humble, supportive and respectful of my fellow mangers. Privately however, I shall be jumping around and celebrating every goal, assist and clean sheet my team can achieve!

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)