+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Wright

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Agreed with the skill and pace.
    He's still very raw though and definately needs to improve his decision making.

I wouldn't go overboard though, he still needs to develop and likely to be back on the bench tomorrow.
    While I agree with the fact we should be taking it easy behind the scenes with Scott, to everyone else, we should be pushing him as a 10m player. Everyone else manages it, so we should be doing the same.

Christ, Sevco supposedly got 1m for that donkey Waghorn, and he was a poor mans Scott Vernon.

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    While I agree with the fact we should be taking it easy behind the scenes with Scott, to everyone else, we should be pushing him as a 10m player. Everyone else manages it, so we should be doing the same.

Christ, Sevco supposedly got 1m for that donkey Waghorn, and he was a poor mans Scott Vernon.
    Exactly - £1m for a Martyn Waghorn is about as ridiculous as £200m for Neymar. If Scott Wright was at Rangers or Celtic he'd be getting talked up as the next big thing and as a multi-million pound player, so we should do the same. Absolutely agree, he is still developing and will need to keep working hard to improve. However, even if he didn't improve and remained at his present level, he's still going to destroy most SPL defenders. Great potential if he puts in the work - and he looks like a determined, confident young guy, but one who is willing to learn and work hard alongside that natural pace and ability. No reason why he can't force his way into a starting slot most weeks if he keeps up his form.

There's no way that Waghorn went for £1m. That's a made up figure.

As for pushing him as a £10m player...

Name:  _20170808_183541.JPG
Views: 3356
Size:  64.1 KB

As I thought...

Name:  _20170809_172922.JPG
Views: 3276
Size:  93.6 KB

Name:  _20170809_172945.JPG
Views: 3268
Size:  57.8 KB

It wasn't great having to let Fraser go, but then he was getting kicked all ends up with little protection. I imagine he'd have sustained a bad injury had he stayed. There were signs on Sunday that Wright is the same kind of target, I just hope he's learned from the likes of Hayes how to deal with that.

That team now has Waghorn and Garner. Long season for their fans.

Anyway, back to more worthwhile things - a Scott Wright song is surely required...

How about to the tune of "Alright" by Supergrass... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-2dqMaf4-w

He is young, he runs free, plays out wide, Aberdeen, got the goals, in his sights, he's Scooooooott Wright

Quote Originally Posted by sbswred View Post
    It wasn't great having to let Fraser go, but then he was getting kicked all ends up with little protection. I imagine he'd have sustained a bad injury had he stayed. There were signs on Sunday that Wright is the same kind of target, I just hope he's learned from the likes of Hayes how to deal with that.
    One thing that's impressed me is his ability to bounce off tackles. Strong shot on him as well. He looks like a lightweight but hasn't come across that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

Anyway, back to more worthwhile things - a Scott Wright song is surely required...

How about to the tune of "Alright" by Supergrass... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-2dqMaf4-w

He is young, he runs free, plays out wide, Aberdeen, got the goals, in his sights, he's Scooooooott Wright
    Hahaha good effort

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

Keep it simple. Replace Johnny Johnny Hayes with Scotty Scotty Wright. Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah ............Scotty Scotty Wright, Scotty Wright, Scotty Scotty Wright.

Played a big part in the goal last night again. Has that bit of magic that Hayes and McGinn possessed. The more games he gets the more savvy he'll become in his decision making and the more street-wise he'll become in avoiding the hatchet men of the SPL.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast