+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    No golf today, Sunday was fine though.

I acknowledge most posts, sadly a few from the half empty minibus are just a rehash of a previous post.

You seem, like a couple of other phannies to have a weird interest in my drinking patterns....a tad bizarre, but hay hoh, if/when you disagree with a posters point of view.....they must in your opinion be blootered??
    I take it the Cambridge debating society did invite you onto their team with your sharp wit/intelligence.

SF
    We are a cheery bunch on the half empty minibus and get a good laugh due to our sharp wit and intellectual brilliance. Not everyone is like us though as others are more interested in glue sniffing, shaft swinging and Jo Brand...but in fairness each to their own as we don’t hold it against them.
    It’s great being a fan of the once michty as I still dream on us being michty once more. Or chairman, manager and even one of our own (Andrew Considine) would prefer a stronger Rangers. It’s funny how fellow posters don’t see why I dislike these individuals. I suppose that is one of the reasons they aren’t part of the half empty minibus.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We are a cheery bunch on the half empty minibus and get a good laugh due to our sharp wit and intellectual brilliance. Not everyone is like us though as others are more interested in glue sniffing, shaft swinging and Jo Brand...but in fairness each to their own as we don’t hold it against them.
    It’s great being a fan of the once michty as I still dream on us being michty once more. Or chairman, manager and even one of our own (Andrew Considine) would prefer a stronger Rangers. It’s funny how fellow posters don’t see why I dislike these individuals. I suppose that is one of the reasons they aren’t part of the half empty minibus.
    Is there any scope for translation out there??

Jo Brand ???

Swinging spanner’s I do admit to.

Glue sniffing.......that has been a while getting mentioned!!

“Senile pished up goat” has been missing for a while also.......anyway, you just enjoy your half empty minibus and the humour your group enjoys whilst “attempting” banter on a footy forum.......I’ll just stick to being a plain old dandy that supports his club.

SF

Is there any scope for translation out there??

Jo Brand ???

Swinging spanner’s I do admit to.

Glue sniffing.......that has been a while getting mentioned!!

“Senile pished up goat” has been missing for a while also.......anyway, you just enjoy your half empty minibus and the humour your group enjoys whilst “attempting” banter on a footy forum.......I’ll just stick to being a plain old dandy that supports his club.

SF
    Jo Brand...remember not long ago you were telling me on this forum that you were punching above your weight talking about your good Mrs. I am sure you said someone on this site could verify this (could have been inversneckie) and I quipped in that you would have been punching above your weight if you had Jo Brand as your wife.

Wright is a bit of an enigma for me... I believe he's got the talent and attributes to be a really good player, but there's a danger he could end up being another Cammy Smith.

I think Wright is one of these guys who needs to feel valued, like he is the main man in the team. He was sensational in the U20s team when he was the main man, and by all accounts is doing similar at Dundee.

I also think that while he's been in and around the first team for a few years, he's never really been given opportunity to cement a place. He comes in, plays well or very well and is back on the bench the next match. Or he comes in, plays well and is played in a different position in the next match. Or he plays well, then plays badly and is dropped for the next 3 months (whereas other guys like McGinn or GMS play badly and retain their position). I agree he's not shown enough in some of games against bigger teams, but I can't remember him getting much game time against them - he's usually thrown on with 15 mins to go when we're needing a goal and everyone else around him is playing poorly.

I just think he's one who's worth persevering with. He's got pace, skill, control, directness, decent vision and is a good finisher from outside the box. I'm still not sure whether his best position is out wide or in the no10 role, but I think half a season of regular football with Dundee could be the making of him.

Jo Brand...remember not long ago you were telling me on this forum that you were punching above your weight talking about your good Mrs. I am sure you said someone on this site could verify this (could have been inversneckie) and I quipped in that you would have been punching above your weight if you had Jo Brand as your wife.
    That explains your Jo Brand reference, if it even matters!! I would not put Sneckers in a position to comment on my best pal......away and hae a think about the chap that you affectionately now call “anchor man”....... I don’t know why you have given him a new pet name, anyway, each to their own.

SF

That explains your Jo Brand reference, if it even matters!! I would not put Sneckers in a position to comment on my best pal......away and hae a think about the chap that you affectionately now call “anchor man”....... I don’t know why you have given him a new pet name, anyway, each to their own.

SF
    Anchor man is because he holds us from moving onwards. It’s a good name for him and very apt. It’s here to stay for a while until a more suitable choice comes to mind or he changes his approach.

Anchor man is because he holds us from moving onwards. It’s a good name for him and very apt. It’s here to stay for a while until a more suitable choice comes to mind or he changes his approach.
    Nawwwww........I would never have cottoned on that was your take on our coach........

Nawwwww........I would never have cottoned on that was your take on our coach........
    Remember you are senile so you easily forget things so I put it down in black and white to help you through your old age.
    Back on topic...do you think Scott Wright has the ability to make the grade at Aberdeen?

I would not put Sneckers in a position to comment on my best pal...
    I think the phrase I used was "outkicked your coverage".

I had to explain it, which killed the impact a wee bit.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I think the phrase I used was "outkicked your coverage".

I had to explain it, which killed the impact a wee bit.

Nice try.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast