+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scott Wright

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Set up both of Dundee's goals on Friday night...
    Too attacking for us. We should try him at right back to try and kick out any attacking threat he may have.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Too attacking for us. We should try him at right back to try and kick out any attacking threat he may have.
    Wright was always getting criticised for losing the ball too often when trying to beat his man etc, but McLennan probably loses it more than he does. McLennan is a bigger, sturdier unit, which tends to be more the type McInnes likes, but I hope Wright continues his good form and comes back to be a big player for us next season.

Wright was always getting criticised for losing the ball too often when trying to beat his man etc, but McLennan probably loses it more than he does. McLennan is a bigger, sturdier unit, which tends to be more the type McInnes likes, but I hope Wright continues his good form and comes back to be a big player for us next season.
    I would put money on Wright losing the ball more than McLennan so far.
    Not the point though, let’s hope he improves with the loan deal.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I would put money on Wright losing the ball more than McLennan so far.
    Not the point though, let’s hope he improves with the loan deal.
    When I have seen Wright play it seems obvious he needs to adapt certain aspects of his game to a higher level. His decision making is sometimes questionable which is something that will only improve with matches under his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    When I have seen Wright play it seems obvious he needs to adapt certain aspects of his game to a higher level. His decision making is sometimes questionable which is something that will only improve with matches under his belt.
    I fully agree.
    He’s a standout at the youth level and needs a run of games at a higher level.
    Going out on loan will hopefully also help him to appreciate what he has at Aberdeen

I see McInnes has been getting prepared for Scott Wright returning next season

The biggest problem I found with Wright was he got brushed off the ball far too easily,especially against some of the better teams.

Hopefully the loan spell does him good but I think he should have been loaned out a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The biggest problem I found with Wright was he got brushed off the ball far too easily,especially against some of the better teams.

Hopefully the loan spell does him good but I think he should have been loaned out a long time ago.
    Hopefully as you say his loan does him good. At least he is getting a chance at Dundee.

Hopefully as you say his loan does him good. At least he is getting a chance at Dundee.
    Yeah I think that is the issue - he's a bit lightweight and hasn't got the experience to adapt his game to compensate for what he's lacking in physically. Hopefully his spell at Dundee will help him get the experience he needs to be a bit more streetwise on the park.

I see McInnes has been getting prepared for Scott Wright returning next season

?