+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barry Island meet...the verdict.

Barry Island meet...the verdict.

In a word great, the best part of course was meeting up with Laz and Rammy who lived up to my expections. Laz had a tan withen 2 hours sitting outside Finnigans Inn next to Pleasure beach. Watched the footie on friday night with a few bevvies, had to leave hotel when the Karaoke kicked off but Wetherspoons was good.
    Saturday saw the lads take an open top bus tour around Cardiff, lucky for them it was a sunny day,while in the night we had a great nosh up in the steak house, the bogs in that place were certainly different.

I pulled out the photo's I promised from 1976 when the Man City boss Tony Book who was in Las Palmas with the team for a European cup tie came up to me at the bar in the hotel they were staying at and asked if they could join the party I was holding with loads of girls that I knew. Anyway they all had a great time the players were very approachable and Asha Hartford even fixed the sound system. I had a great crack with Rodney Marsh. The point being that does not happen these days, mores the pity.

Sunday morning and Laz had a bit of a hangover, check out was at 11 so no time to go to beach however Hotel is on hill with views over the Island and to the Somerset coast. The weather was iffy in the morn but we went out on the balcony and at 11 the Sun came out and at 12 with a deafening roar the Red Arrows swooped over the hotel, we could see the whole display perfectly. A great way to end the meet, and I know that Rammy took some tasty photo's. Just a bit sad some were unable to come. Amazingly it was sunny every day.
    Last edited by claw84; 08-08-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Sounds a brilliant few days Claw, as all our meets are with the good people that attend, just upset I could not get to this one

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Sounds a brilliant few days Claw, as all our meets are with the good people that attend, just upset I could not get to this one
    Yes it would have been nice to chat about London Alto a city I love, but believe me Barry Island is a million miles away if you know what I mean.

Cheers Claw, it was a pleasure meeting you!

You're a kind man Claw

Claw is a top man

Yes yes enough of this love fest.... tell us what you all REALLY think about each other, and don't hold back.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes yes enough of this love fest.... tell us what you all REALLY think about each other, and don't hold back.
    You should have come Acido you might have enjoyed it, I mean there are no beaches in Barnsley are there?

It was a good way to relax before the footie season kicks off.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    You should have come Acido you might have enjoyed it, I mean there are no beaches in Barnsley are there?
    It was a good way to relax before the footie season kicks off.
    No theres no beaches there in Barnsley Claw, thats why I like going to the East coast to Hornsea, Skipsea, Brid & Scarbrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    We will never know Acido (what goes on tour ......)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast