+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So basically...

It seems King Kev's Scarbro group have been given the go ahead to build the Olympic Legacy Park.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    It seems King Kev's Scarbro group have been given the go ahead to build the Olympic Legacy Park.UTCB
    Hopefully he'll leave one worthwhile legacy then.

your not his biggest fan are you tt lol

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    your not his biggest fan are you tt lol
    When it's put on a plate for you you can't resist a tap in can you sob

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    And some moan about KK he's done a lot of things wrong in his time but he's always kept prices affordable,I for one wouldn't pay over the odds to see us in the top division I'm happy us doin it tuftys way and if we don't get there at least I can watch my team trying

There's some truth in that and to a certain point I agree but if you're hanging around the bottom half of the league for the next few seasons you will change your mind.
    You would soon get fed up of having nowt to play for and battling relegation.
    It's too expensive at hillsborough at the moment but it's a means to an end and while we are attracting top players and hanging around the top 6 the fans will pay it .

dick wragg never he sold my hero !
    One of the 1st songs i can remember being chanted at the Lane...send Dick Wragg to Vietnam

ffp starting to bite then down at the swill eh and as for him stating you cant get to the prem without paying huge salaries ermmm udders ? things looking a little unstable at our porky neighbours haha utb ftp

Errrm udders????
    Like that happens all the time?
    90% of the teams that go up to the prem will have paid out to get there.
    It's crap but that's how this league is now.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Hopefully he'll leave one worthwhile legacy then.
    To be fair(which i know you can't be where King Kev's concerned)Our Academy is part of King Kev's legacy to the BLADES as is the re-development of BDBL,did ya know the Cricket pavillion is no longer part of BDBL ? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    To be fair(which i know you can't be where King Kev's concerned)Our Academy is part of King Kev's legacy to the BLADES as is the re-development of BDBL,did ya know the Cricket pavillion is no longer part of BDBL ? UTCB
    Neither of which are owned by the club, as far as I'm aware.

I do have to agree though and say that McCabe's ticket pricing strategy has been not only good for the future of the club, but good for the fans. Well done there and credit where credit's due. He's certainly not in this to make a quick buck.

I'd also argue that his failures have been due to arrogance and incompetence rather than malice or greed, too. He's not an asset-stripping a-hole like the Oystons at Blackpool or a get-rich-quick shyster like Milan Mandaric. He does support and care about the club. He just needs to either get in better advisors or admit that it's not his area of expertise and let someone else run the club.

#Stum #Pigletism

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast