+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team for the derby

Still think a few could miss out as they are not match fit , don't think team will differ much from last Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by dundeeunitedfc83 View Post
    Lewis
    Murdoch durnan edge scobbie
    Briels fyvie stanton
    Keatings mcdonald McMullan

Harsh on king but against Dundee would rather play 3 in the middle to watch up with them, would start keatings on the right to cut in shoot and I would also play him for his set pieces! Would like to see us play 4-4-2 for rest of season after Dundee
    You make a good point about Keatings' set pieces. I would start him for that alone.

For me it would have to be.....

Lewis,
    Toshney, Durnan, Edje, Scobbie
    Briels, Allardice,
    King, Stanton, McMullan
    Smith

That way we might have Fyvie, Keatings, Fraser and McDonald all possibly providing a very real change.

Although Fraser is one of our most talented players, in this team we have now, he is also looking even more lightweight. If he can add that edge to his game then he should come good. For now, Stanton is the better player.

I say

Lewis
    Toshney Edge Durnan Scobbie
    Briels Fyvie
    McMullan Fraser Stanton
    Keatings

With allardice, king and McDonald all appearing

Think we will need someone else marking Deacon as his pace was a constant menace for Scobbie a few days ago.

It'll never happen but....

Lewis
    Toshney Durnan Edge Scobbie
    McMullan Briels Fyvie King
    Keatings McDonald

I like that team Terry - I think its too risky to play Keatings from start but then what do i know he may be fully over something that wasnt as bad as first feared. Derby or no Derby he is going to be a key player for us over 37 league games and maybe another 20-30 mins tonight is what is best

Just seen that O'Dea is suspended for tonight meaning it looks like 2 young lads will be pairing up. Would like to see us have a go at them with a McDonald and Keatings/M.Smith combo. McDonald to use his experience to move them around and create the space for Smith.

O'Dea definitely out. Waddell is also doubtful. Could be 2 rookies at CH.

odea is suspended,waddell will play so we have a very young back 4,could be an interesting game.
    Hope scobbie plays

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)