+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team for the derby

Team for the derby

Murdoch and Keatings could be fit. McDonald and Matty Smith back from Suspension. Fyvie added and even N'koyi is back training. With all of these players available what we thinking for the team for tomorrow? First time in a while McKinnon will a selection headache!

My team would be:

Lewis
    Murdoch
    Durnan
    Edge
    Scobbie
    Fyvie
    Briels
    King
    McMullen
    Fraser
    McDonald

Subs:
    Memhet
    Keatings
    Stanton
    M.Smith
    Allardice
    N'koyi
    Toshney

It's nice seeing a bench that could change a game.

Lewis
    Toshney Edge Durnan Scobbie
    King Briels Stanton McMullan
    McDonald Keatings

Old school 442. How would The Dees cope if they found a central strike partnership facing them? Likewise if we were up against a central strike partnership, how would we cope?

Lewis
    Toshney Durnan Edje Scobbie
    Briels Fyvie
    King Stanton McMullan
    McDonald

Would be my preferred starting line up.
    First derby showed Deacon is their real threat on right hand side. Having McMullan's pace covering instead of Fraser will be a big help. If Fyvie can also do a job on Allan then we'll limit number of opportunities they have.

They're struggling at centre half so get McDonald dragging them about from the start and we have 3 direct runners in McMullan, Stanton and King to exploit the gaps.

Absolutely no way Stanton can be dropped. I'd go with this:

Lewis
    Murdoch Durnan Edje Scobbie
    Briels Fyvie
    Fraser Stanton McMullan
    McDonald

but think it'll be this:

Lewis
    Toshney Durnan Edje Scobbie
    Briels Stanton
    King Fraser McMullan
    McDonald
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 08-08-2017 at 04:16 PM.

There are four or five players who would usually be first-pick not going to get a starting place.
    How to shoehorn Fraser in, I don't know.
    He may have his critics but he's still our most creative player.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    There are four or five players who would usually be first-pick not going to get a starting place.
    How to shoehorn Fraser in, I don't know.
    He may have his critics but he's still our most creative player.
    He's probably our most talented player, too. Amazes me the abuse he gets at times. However, I reckon Stanton is better suited to a derby.

For me I reckon we should be starting anyone who hasn't had a full 90 minutes in the last week or so, even Quinn if he signs. I know it's them but it's more important we get as many of the main squad up to speed as soon as possible.

I'd like to see 4-4-2, with the midfield a flat 4 when defending and pushing into a diamond formation when attacking.

Lewis
    Toshney, Edge, Durnan, Scobbie
    Stanton, Briels, Fyvie, McMullen
    Keatings, McDonald

Subs;
    Mehmet, Murdoch, Robson, Flood, Fraser, M. Smith, N'Koyi

Lewis
    Toshney Durnan Edge Robson
    Briels Flood
    King Stanton McMullan
    M.Smith

Deniz Scobbie Murdoch Fyvie Fraser McDonald Keatings

Some bench, don't think a few are ready for starts hence my selection, ideally it would be a bit different with Murdoch/Fyvie/Keatings/McDonald definitely starting

Deacon had Scobbie on toast so would try Robson tomorrow

Lewis
    Murdoch durnan edge scobbie
    Briels fyvie stanton
    Keatings mcdonald McMullan

Harsh on king but against Dundee would rather play 3 in the middle to watch up with them, would start keatings on the right to cut in shoot and I would also play him for his set pieces! Would like to see us play 4-4-2 for rest of season after Dundee

This for me ...

Quote Originally Posted by dundeeunitedfc83 View Post
    Lewis
    Murdoch durnan edge scobbie
    Briels fyvie stanton
    Keatings mcdonald McMullan

Harsh on king but against Dundee would rather play 3 in the middle to watch up with them, would start keatings on the right to cut in shoot and I would also play him for his set pieces! Would like to see us play 4-4-2 for rest of season after Dundee
    Hope we don't drop Stanton and would love to see Keatings and McDonald on, but wonder if match fitness issues will keep Keatings and Fyvie on the bench.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)