+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: player rating for Coventry game

player rating for Coventry game

Raya:did quite well when called apon and distribution was also pretty good 7
    mulgrew:excellent no nonsense and did everything with calm hope the knock isn't serious 8
    Ward:did ok got better as game went on 6
    Nyambe:not a great first half improved in the second 6
    Caddis:did well at right back and will be pushing to start against Doncaster 7
    Williams:linked well with Bennett on the left 6
    Bennett:not too bad but didn't set the world alight 6
    Evans:very good performance bossed centrally and deserved the goal 8
    Smallwood:what a player I had low expectations but he is such a good midfielder did the dirty stuff well and not afraid to get forward and scored a good goal 9 m o m
    Feeney:typical feeney performance ran with plenty of effort with not too much else 6
    Samueloor first half better second half got a goal which will boost confidence 6
    Subs:
    Doyle: on for mulgrew looked lively 6
    Gladwinn for feeney looks an absolute class act and scared Coventry whenever he had the ball another pushing a starting place 8
    Chapmann for Evans looked good really thought he would start but he has done no harm with this display 7

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Raya:did quite well when called apon and distribution was also pretty good 7
    mulgrew:excellent no nonsense and did everything with calm hope the knock isn't serious 8
    Ward:did ok got better as game went on 6
    Nyambe:not a great first half improved in the second 6
    Caddis:did well at right back and will be pushing to start against Doncaster 7
    Williams:linked well with Bennett on the left 6
    Bennett:not too bad but didn't set the world alight 6
    Evans:very good performance bossed centrally and deserved the goal 8
    Smallwood:what a player I had low expectations but he is such a good midfielder did the dirty stuff well and not afraid to get forward and scored a good goal 9 m o m
    Feeney:typical feeney performance ran with plenty of effort with not too much else 6
    Samueloor first half better second half got a goal which will boost confidence 6
    Subs:
    Doyle: on for mulgrew looked lively 6
    Gladwinn for feeney looks an absolute class act and scared Coventry whenever he had the ball another pushing a starting place 8
    Chapmann for Evans looked good really thought he would start but he has done no harm with this display 7
    Robin, the squad is beginning to look quite sound.
    I assume - from your report and others' - that Doyle is good enough to rely on now. That means we now have decent cover in every position, although Lenihan's departure would be an issue, as Travis and Wharton don't seem to figure in TM's immediate plans.
    I see he is talking about another midfield addition in the near future, and he has certainly turned round that area of the squad - especially centrally. I hope Tomlinson doesn't get squeezed out altogether, though, as he has always looked to have the potential of a first-teamer.
    There is going to be an intriguing battle between Gladwin and Conway for the wide-left position, although Gladwin can obviously play centrally as well. We shouldn't expect miracles (as the Southend game proved!), but we do seem to have a very good group for this Division. It will be interesting to see what type of midfielder the potential new signing is, but it is hard to see him ousting anyone in the current batch, so it might just be a case of more cover.

It is looking very good but it should be remembered we were not exactly playing a world beating team
    So eyes are firmly on the Doncaster game
    The impact gladwin made was top drawer and I can easily see him taking dacks place in that game along with Chapman on the left both looked a class above and with a pacey Doyle the last 20 minutes Coventry might as well camped up in their half
    Interesting who coyle selects on Saturday if I were any of those players I would feel slightly aggrieved if not selected.

Ha ha it wouldn't be interesting who coyle selects because he wouldn't of even got the players in
    Correction who Mowbray selects.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)