+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Net spend Ģ21million

Net spend Ģ21million

Absolute f*cking disgrace mike Ashley out!!!

If Rafa hadn't got a list together of 4 players for every position
    Including keepers maybe we would have been further ahead

Why the hell
    He is so keen on getting a keeper in is beyond me

We are chasing players we don't need and spreading the budget very thin

Why he didn't just say get me player XYZ and let charnley et these over the line instead of chasing or inquiring on over 25 players is beyond men

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    If Rafa hadn't got a list together of 4 players for every position
    Including keepers maybe we would have been further ahead

Why the hell
    He is so keen on getting a keeper in is beyond me

We are chasing players we don't need and spreading the budget very thin

Why he didn't just say get me player XYZ and let charnley et these over the line instead of chasing or inquiring on over 25 players is beyond men
    I don't know where you're getting your information. I read that Rafa had a list of 4 key players that he wanted and gave to Ashley and Co right after promotion. Charnley then decided not to pay for them due to inflated prices and now our transfer policy is to secure loans and try and scrape by while spending a portion of the funds promised. Rafa wanted his first team complete before pre-season training had started and yet again, the top brass has failed. Different manager, same old story and you're still thick enough to continue blaming the managers.

Quote Originally Posted by smorgan86 View Post
    I don't know where you're getting your information. I read that Rafa had a list of 4 key players that he wanted and gave to Ashley and Co right after promotion. Charnley then decided not to pay for them due to inflated prices and now our transfer policy is to secure loans and try and scrape by while spending a portion of the funds promised. Rafa wanted his first team complete before pre-season training had started and yet again, the top brass has failed. Different manager, same old story and you're still thick enough to continue blaming the managers.
    I think thatīs a pretty one sided opinion. If you think all clubs back their managers 100% and buy all the players they want then you are mistaken. If a manager asks for 4 players in every position in a club just promoted and he doesnīt get them, then I think itīs naive to blame the Chairman and not the manager for unrealistic expectations. If you read around, even clubs like Chelsea and Spurs are saying they need to strengthen and arenīt happy that they have completed their transfer business yet. While light years ahead of us it shows what a stupid market we have at the moment.

As with everything there is a balance to be struck. At the moment the balance is wrong in favour of us not bringing in enough new blood - we must get a striker, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc24Mag View Post
    How do you come to that figure ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    How do you come to that figure ?
    Spent about Ģ30m take away the thovian money 9.8m and it's about Ģ21m he is taking the p*ss out of us fans and rafa

we got Ģ2m back for Murphy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I think thatīs a pretty one sided opinion. If you think all clubs back their managers 100% and buy all the players they want then you are mistaken. If a manager asks for 4 players in every position in a club just promoted and he doesnīt get them, then I think itīs naive to blame the Chairman and not the manager for unrealistic expectations. If you read around, even clubs like Chelsea and Spurs are saying they need to strengthen and arenīt happy that they have completed their transfer business yet. While light years ahead of us it shows what a stupid market we have at the moment.

As with everything there is a balance to be struck. At the moment the balance is wrong in favour of us not bringing in enough new blood - we must get a striker, at least.
    he asked for 4 key players, not 4 for every position. These were the 4 he considered imperative to the squad/team, charnley got none of them

4 players for every position ..

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc24Mag View Post
    Your not counting wages and we have too many players on decent money that won't leave until their contracts are up.Even Spurs players are kicking up about the strict wage policy there,it is greed and about time someone took a stand.Ģ50 million for a full back that had lost his first team place.Arab oil money is ruining the game but it will all go tits up when all the cars on the road are electric and there is no oil fired power stations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)