+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So the Caribou was the League Cup??

So the Caribou was the League Cup??

TBH, I was a bit confused last night....I couldn't understand why Notts were going all out to win a Cup nobody cared about?

It was only AFTER the game I read that the Caribou was a new name for the League Cup....Jeez how I hanker for the days when everything had simpler easy names...................that didn't change every year.

I remember popping into the Airport Shop in Heathrow for a packet of Opal Fruits, a Marathon bar and some Coco Pops for my flight to British Honduras....the staff looked at me a bit strangely on hearing my request and shouted over the tannoy ......

"a packet of Starburst, a Snickers and some Choco Krispies....for the old codger going to Belize"....

I whispered to her "please don't put this over the tannoy, but have you got any Oil of Ulay for an embarrassing, nasty rash have you?"

She said "Olay?".....I said Olay to you too......and raced for my Laker Airways flight.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I remember popping into the Airport Shop in Heathrow for a packet of Opal Fruits, a Marathon bar and some Coco Pops for my flight to British Honduras....the staff looked at me a bit strangely on hearing my request and shouted over the tannoy ......

"a packet of Starburst, a Snickers and some Choco Krispies....for the old codger going to Belize".....
    They've even changed the name of a North American reindeer to a Carabao as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    They've even changed the name of a North American reindeer to a Carabao as well.
    Rein yourself in, Dear

TBH, I was a bit confused last night....I couldn't understand why Notts were going all out to win a Cup nobody cared about?

It was only AFTER the game I read that the Caribou was a new name for the League Cup....Jeez how I hanker for the days when everything had simpler easy names...................that didn't change every year.
    Yes I just got chastised for that error on another thread today. Bloody EFL Trophy, EFL Cup, Checkatrade, Reindeer. Glad I wasn't the only one. Still that's one we can cross of the list till next season. Was it one we wanted to win then?

They've been changing it every now and again for ages, they didn't have a sponsor last season though so it was just called "The EFL Cup"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFL_Cup#Sponsorship

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Yes I just got chastised for that error on another thread today. Bloody EFL Trophy, EFL Cup, Checkatrade, Reindeer. Glad I wasn't the only one. Still that's one we can cross of the list till next season. Was it one we wanted to win then?
    The whole thing confuses me....next they'll be introducing a new, newer off-side rule, letting us stand up again at footie grounds, introducing goal-line technology............................... and female refs!!

Where will it end?

the whole thing confuses me....next they'll be introducing a new, newer off-side rule, letting us stand up again at footie grounds, introducing goal-line technology............................... And female refs!!

Where will it end?
    abba

abba
    But the winner takes it all.

abba
    I watched them at the Palindrome

Very poor gate last night, I make it the first time we've played in front of less than 2,000 in the League Cup since they did away with the 2 leg system for early rounds in 2000.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast