+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick Blackman

Nick Blackman

Gary Rowett could send Nick Blackman out on loan to get more game time as he is unlikely to feature for the Rams, but if no one comes in for him come August 31st then he might have to see where Rowett can fit him in, in the match day squad as he is now currently fit to do so.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spor...an-move-300299

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Gary Rowett could send Nick Blackman out on loan to get more game time as he is unlikely to feature for the Rams, but if no one comes in for him come August 31st then he might have to see where Rowett can fit him in, in the match day squad as he is now currently fit to do so.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spor...an-move-300299
    Serious question here, do we feel sorry for him as a human being because he's clearly lost his way in the only profession he knows, or do we say 'you're on 15k a week, suck it up buttercup?'

Don't feel sorry for him, but he hasn't done a lot wrong, other than not be as good as we had hoped. He comes across a try-er, so it's not like he's sat on a cushy salary without effort. He's proved he can score at this level, so hope he can find a club that suits his style of play.

Injury prone since he joined for us from Reading never quite fitted into our system so he best to go out on loan to a club who can get the best out of him and get back to his best again whilst he was at Reading which will allow us to free up a space in our squad to get a player in who better fits our style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Don't feel sorry for him, but he hasn't done a lot wrong, other than not be as good as we had hoped. He comes across a try-er, so it's not like he's sat on a cushy salary without effort. He's proved he can score at this level, so hope he can find a club that suits his style of play.
    Agreed...he's not like a Claude, who looked as if he couldn't give a stuff week in week out, but something has to give...£15k per week...really? That's ridiculous...daren't even work out how much those 21 appearances have cost each but I reckon his 1 solitary goal cost us about £1.2m
    Last edited by ramAnag; 09-08-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Hence MM's got twitchy!! Add on the cost in wages per game of certain other non-performers and one can understand him calling time on the 'money go round!! Sigh, happy days!!

He's the best penalty taker at the club, he's worth keeping just for that! Just in case it goes to penalties in the Wembly play off final when it goes to penno's

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Agreed...he's not like a Claude, who looked as if he couldn't give a stuff week in week out, but something has to give...£15k per week...really? That's ridiculous...daren't even work out how much those 21 appearances have cost each but I reckon his 1 solitary goal cost us about £1.2m
    Really? Well I don't know about Blackman exactly, but I know a few pay packets around the Champeenship and benchmarked those and the associated hacker/stopper with Blackman, so I reckon its ballpark.

Off to Maccabi Tel Aviv

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Off to Maccabi Tel Aviv
    And I hope comes back a more useful player rather than just disappearing somewhere. OK he looked a bit lost in a Derby shirt but he's never been given a decent run, handed the business end of a ****ty stick by Derby as far as I'm concerned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)