+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: O/T Its also happened in Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by brassgnat View Post
    This is a disgraceful statement and slur on Saville's victims. Remind me of when Marlene Guest, now thankfully dead, accused Jewish people of lying about or exaggerating the Holocaust to get financial compensation.
    Not at all disgraceful. I was just pointing out that some allegations naturally die because folks are scared of being sued unless they have concrete proof of the abuse actually happening. When an accused is dead he can't be cross examined can he?

It's all about compo and solicitors, barristers and judges fees, justice comes a poor second

Thought it was too good to be true, Champion has shown her true cowardly colours, told the truth for the first time in her miserable life and then apologised for doing so and resigned, typical pathetic politician.
    Last edited by great_fire; 16-08-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Thought it was too good to be true, Champion has shown her true cowardly colours, told the truth for the first time in her miserable life and then apologised for doing so and resigned, typical pathetic politician.
    Completely agree.
    It's time our lily-livered politicians tackled issues like this head on and stopped hiding behind nonsensical political correctness.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

dont you think that's it's more than likely she's been told to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Bingo..!

It's a shame that Labour MPs can't be truthful and survive their posts, sad indictment of the left

Well if that's the case it just makes it worse.

Stalin and Beria AKA Corbyn and McDonnell put the pressure on no doubt but she didn't have to resign, she could have made them sack her.

She was already backtracking before this though and disowning the article she just wrote for The Sun after the usual shrill lefties started complaining.

Truth is she's got a yellow streak as well as a Mallen streak, but the rest of Labour are even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Bingo..!

It's a shame that Labour MPs can't be truthful and survive their posts, sad indictment of the left
    Because the Imam or Community Leader decides who all the Muslims vote for and if he decides it's not going to be Labour they lose all those votes, this means Muslim votes are more important to them than non-Muslim votes, that's how they have so much power and some of them get away with abusing children for years.

I think everybody needs to calm down and enjoy a good bit of old british humour.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0n88tZQc4Q

Some interesting conspiracy theories on here regarding Champion's resignation.

One crucial distinction to be made here though, that rings true with these boards. Firstly let me say that I agree that Champion is right to want to speak out on this horrific crime in many British towns and cities. We should call out and seek appropriate justice for these groups of men that are a small minority of the Muslim community. We should also seek to educate and empower those in the Muslim community who are aware of these crimes but don't feel able to speak out and stop them, to recognise the crimes for what they are and fight the issue from within their own communities.

But regarding Champion and her article. Whilst correct to want to address the issue I am sure that she will be retrospectively horrified by the fact that her own words have been quickly seized on and used by people on the far right who are not distinguishing that these crimes are committed by a small minority of warped rapists but are using the issue to generalise that the whole Muslim population are "the problem" (as described by tricky Trev Kavanagh in his Sun article who was one of the first to use Champion's clumsy words in pursuit of his agenda) and she would be equally horrified to see her words supported by the posters here who follow quite obvious anti-Muslim agendas. THAT is the problem and it wasn't her intention in speaking out to add fuel to these people's agendas.

It's hard to say whether she resigned or was 'advised' to step down - but either way her words "BRITAIN has a problem with British Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls" have been taken and used by the far right and I am amazed that she approved this wording. It was obviously going to be seized on, and it shows how difficult it is to discuss the issue without it blowing up in your face. I wrote a post yesterday where I set out where I agreed with Great Fire on several points on the grooming problem - (I always hope that we can find common ground, agree on positive non discriminatory actions towards the solution) BUT I would be horrified if he or anyone of his current view point came out of that quoting my views (unworthy as they are for such obviously!) as part of his/others overall mission or worldview.

To be clear, YES we need to highlight and equip everyone to be able to deal with this pattern of organised crime, but we also have to be aware that 1 in 5 women suffer from ***ual violence and 1 in 3 young women (18-24) report having experienced ***ual abuse in childhood. It is a huge problem within all cultures within the country and this is but one dreadful facet of that. Champion knows this and I'm sure she'll feel sick that her words have led to increased focus on this one part of ***ual abuse, the cause she worked brilliantly for for years. She'll be back.

Richard Wilson: "One of the hallmarks of extremism is a tendency to project guilt onto a whole community for the crimes of individuals within that group. Calling an entire section of our society a “problem” is not just divisive, it risks legitimising hatred towards anyone who happens to be a member of that community. It should go without saying that it’s possible to discuss – and address – the appalling crimes committed in Rotherham, without implying that the Muslim community as a whole is at fault."

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678