+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT Glen Campbell

OT Glen Campbell

Just watched the very moving documentary
    "I'll be me"
    A proper music super star in every sense.
    Glen died this morning

I can remember that at one time a few seconds of Wichita Lineman was played at every Notts home game, just before the names of the two linesmen were announced - just the words "I am a lineman for the County". RIP.

Talksport paid tribute to him today with the classic
    I am the linesman for Notts County
    Some great songs and a great guitarist too.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post
    Talksport paid tribute to him today with the classic
    I am the linesman for Notts County
    Some great songs and a great guitarist too.
    Prefer "9 stone cowboy", meself.

If you go back to look over his 60 year career, you’ll find he was one of the 5 or 6 best guitar players in the business. And, not only that, but one of the most prolific recording artists of the 20th Century. The greatest crime was, on many of those recordings, he didn’t get recording credit on the album covers(In the 1960’s, many bands/singers used studio musicians to record their music and then added their vocals to it, as if their bands had done the records. Glen was a member of the “Wrecking Crew” group of studio recording musicians and had a hand in about 90% of every song that hit big on the radio from 1960-1966….and that’s in all genres of music. He was a player on projects for Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat “King” Cole, Nancy Sinatra, Merle Haggard, Elvis Presley, The Monkees, The Beach Boys(He also toured with them for 6 months replacing Brian Wilson for a bit) and Jan and Dean-but never got credit for his work until much later).