+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 102 of 230 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2299

Thread: Ex-Dons

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    - 5 legend points for Dobbin

Attachment 15442
    The majority of folk up in the North East voted to be British so it’s not surprising Irvine thinks along these lines.
    I would just like to remind these British voters that the so called royal family are from descendants or murderers, rapists and thieves and have killed a hell of a lot more people throughout their leadership than the Chinese virus ever will.

Theres a lot of talk on AFC facebook pages about a possible return for Jonny Hayes. I'm against this - he was a great player for us but he's 3 years older, had injuries and it would just stink of a lazy, unambitious signing but whats everyone elses thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    Theres a lot of talk on AFC facebook pages about a possible return for Jonny Hayes. I'm against this - he was a great player for us but he's 3 years older, had injuries and it would just stink of a lazy, unambitious signing but whats everyone elses thoughts?
    Perfect for Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Perfect for Derek
    Unfortunately i think you are right Basie. I thought there might be a change in attitude to this kind of nonsense with our new American overlords but a lot of the folk on the FB pages seem to welcome the prospect. They are the kind of folk who were happy to serve their masters Brendan and Lawell and have Ryan Christie here

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    Signings were as good as ruled out on Sportsound on Saturday. The money we have is to protect the staff we have.

According to Richard Gordon, we also furloughed all but 5 players last week which suggests we don't have any spare money kicking about

This is just media putting an easy story together

I wouldn't want him anyway.

Much as Ah loved Johnny Hayes' contribution tae the 'once michty' .... there is nae point in him returnin .... unless .... fitba is oot for anither year, he signs a 1 year contract cos he's 'good tae hae aboot the place' ... and he's on a 'pay per play' contract, and periodically issues tweets which upset baith cheeks!

.... Alternatively, he signs for us on a free .... on the understandin we can sell him on tae any club in any country in the world far fitba is deemed 'safe' way before same applies here, but failure to periodically issue tweets which upset baith cheekswill warrant a recall, a suspension and a heavy fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Signings were as good as ruled out on Sportsound on Saturday. The money we have is to protect the staff we have.

According to Richard Gordon, we also furloughed all but 5 players last week which suggests we don't have any spare money kicking about

This is just media putting an easy story together

I wouldn't want him anyway.
    There's a surprise ☺
    2 questions .

Have we missed him ?
    Would he make the team stronger ?

If your answer to both is yes.

Then if he is affordable it's a no brainer.

Unless you have another reason that I've not thought of ?☺

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    There's a surprise ☺
    2 questions .

Have we missed him ?
    Would he make the team stronger ?

If your answer to both is yes.

Then if he is affordable it's a no brainer.

Unless you have another reason that I've not thought of ?☺
    I was told in January he wasn't getting a new deal and would be up for coming back. His wife would be happy moving back as well. Apparently Del was on the phone to him weeks ago. I expect he'll be back.

I've started Sky+ing "The Big Match Revisited" old re-runs of the ITV highlights show from the 70s.
    Notts County were on this morning's game, against Fulham, featuring a young and hirsute Ian Scanlon on the wing.

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of the 'wife is pools winner' story that we got when we signed him in 78? There were various rumours, the most popular of which seemed to be that he signed for us to improve his financial position after said female consort binned him for a better model upon the manifestation of her good fortune.

I do take a risk in raising this, of course. It would be beyond the bounds of reason, but not Tim paranoia, for one of their number to clype to the Compliance Officer about Scanner's tacit involvement in fitba betting in an attempt to have our 1980 title win nullified and for the downtrodden, disadvantaged co-member of the fitba establishment to be declared champions as is their right.

Page 102 of 230 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast