+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 231 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Dons

Cammy Smith was a decent player for us but no better than that. We need to be aiming higher than that for a McLean replacement, if we are to be progressing next season

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Hang on a minute I meant small.

To be honest I wasn't his greatest fan either (although I get limited exposure obviously) but I suspect he would have been better in the role than Ball or AOC. We'll never know. I was drawing a comparison with McLean who is possibly best described as - languid?

I suspect you need more fibre in your diet but then that would be me jumping to conclusions too.
    As ever, donunder makes some good points .... and McLean may be languid but he always wants the ball, has a good range of passing, can hit a ball well, is two-footed and can play in a number of roles/positions. This last point has perhaps meant he has many detractors - the old “jack of all trades, master of none” argument.
    I feel a lot of fans will realise how good he is once he’s gone. He will take some replacing ....

ANyone who goes to our games will have seen the real Kenny McLean since the turn of the year, or pretty much since he signed for Norwich, he is more like the player I remember when at St Mirren. What has been the turnaround I have no idea, but my own opinion of him is that we didn't get the best out of him for most of the time here and I don't blame the guy himself, was played in the wrong role most of his time here.

I hope he does a job for Norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

Bonus point for naming the silky winger shown on the right.

How many starts did he get?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Certainly has. POTY at a top level club
    St mirren are hardly a top level club,he was their POTY in championship,FWIW I liked cammy as a player but wasnt good enough unfortunately,we'll see if he has improved next season when he's playing week in week out in premier league

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post

Bonus point for naming the silky winger shown on the right.

How many starts did he get?
    Pretty sure that's Considine scoring the last minute winner against QOTS in a cup replay. The silky winger is Daniel Uchechi playing in one of only two games he played for us.

Is that a loyalty bonus point you are offering

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Yes, but it is an Ordinary Class loyalty point.

Those do not carry the same weight as the Preference Class loyalty points which are being liberally sprayed in the direction of those who have set up auto-renewing Top Red DNA Direct Debits.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Pretty sure that's Considine scoring the last minute winner against QOTS in a cup replay. The silky winger is Daniel Uchechi playing in one of only two games he played for us.

Beat me to it,I believe he signed for us along with another brilliant Craig Brown signing Mohamed Chalai.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Yes, but it is an Ordinary Class loyalty point.

Those do not carry the same weight as the Preference Class loyalty points which are being liberally sprayed in the direction of those who have set up auto-renewing Top Red DNA Direct Debits.
    Yeah but soon the Ordinary Class loyalty point will be a collectors item

Page 16 of 231 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast