+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 231 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Dons

Billy Stark appointed Scotland U19 manager

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Billy Stark appointed Scotland U19 manager
    Good loon. Very intelligent player. Did he not manage Scotland U21’s before.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    I think you are right

He was already in the SFA as some kind of youth dude capacity but the 19s have been added to his job

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    An excellent player/coach and importantly person.

In life you get the honour to do eulogies, I can still remember the one he gave to his best mate Tommy Burns.

SF

I was reading an article on BBC Sport about Swansea appointing Graham Potter from Ostersunds as their manager.
    I knew that ex-Hamilton boss Billy Reid was Potter's assistant manager at Ostersunds, but then another name on their coaching team caught my eye.
    Apparently the Swedish side had a recruitment analyst named Kyle Macaulay.
    I was vaguely aware of that name being the same as an ex-Dons player around the time of Steve Paterson's reign, and a hazy recollection that he might have been Paterson's nephew.
    Turns out this is the same guy who didn't really make much of an impression at Pittodrie, but seems to have forged a career elsewhere in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by abz075 View Post
    I was reading an article on BBC Sport about Swansea appointing Graham Potter from Ostersunds as their manager.
    I knew that ex-Hamilton boss Billy Reid was Potter's assistant manager at Ostersunds, but then another name on their coaching team caught my eye.
    Apparently the Swedish side had a recruitment analyst named Kyle Macaulay.
    I was vaguely aware of that name being the same as an ex-Dons player around the time of Steve Paterson's reign, and a hazy recollection that he might have been Paterson's nephew.
    Turns out this is the same guy who didn't really make much of an impression at Pittodrie, but seems to have forged a career elsewhere in the game.
    Any chance he’s available to give russ Richardson a few tips this summer

Leicester are leading the race to sign Norwich midfielder James Maddison, 21, with the Canaries likely to demand over £20m for the 21-year-old Englishman. (PA)

BBC Gossip page

Shame he was never on our books, good luck to him though.

Hes not worth 20-25 million. Its a prime example of guffball moneybags madness

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Hes not worth 20-25 million. Its a prime example of guffball moneybags madness
    Thatcherite market forces min. Two generations on, it's the trading norm. Even "progressive" political parties' economic policies are governed by it and its premises.

The mountains of non-money sloshing about inside fitba is the perfect microcosm of the reasons why we were ****ed over by international capitalism in 2008, but failed to drag it up a lanie and administer a firm, fatal shoeing when we had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Thatcherite market forces min. Two generations on, it's the trading norm. Even "progressive" political parties' economic policies are governed by it and its premises.

The mountains of non-money sloshing about inside fitba is the perfect microcosm of the reasons why we were ****ed over by international capitalism in 2008, but failed to drag it up a lanie and administer a firm, fatal shoeing when we had the chance.
    So how would you decide transfer fees then?

Page 17 of 231 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast