+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 229 of 232 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2311

Thread: Ex-Dons

Fae the gossip page on the BBC:

"Christian Ramirez says helping Columbus Crew lift the MLS Cup shows he could have made an impact in his second season with Aberdeen if given the chance, but the 32-year-old striker also revealed that the abuse he and his wife and daughter suffered while at Pittodrie caused him to be hospitalised."

What's the story here with the abuse? Not that I'm saying it didn't happen, I just didn't know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    Fae the gossip page on the BBC:

"Christian Ramirez says helping Columbus Crew lift the MLS Cup shows he could have made an impact in his second season with Aberdeen if given the chance, but the 32-year-old striker also revealed that the abuse he and his wife and daughter suffered while at Pittodrie caused him to be hospitalised."

What's the story here with the abuse? Not that I'm saying it didn't happen, I just didn't know about it.
    Apparently it was mainly online abuse to his social media, heard he was in hospital with mental health issues which is pretty harsh. Bit cowardly hiding behind a computer - honestly prefer folk to vent abuse at a game and leave it there if they really feel the need to

Loved him when he first came here and did a wee job for us, I think he set up Duk for his first goal too? But wasn't there at all just before and after Glass left

No player deserves that kind of abuse though

Sounds like there was in person abuse too, of him and his family at a game. Shameful if true.

A lot of gypes in our support, but don't think they are that bad.
    Can't say with any certainty, but think he is at it.

Remember he downed tools when Glass was sacked, so don't have too much sympathy for him.

I've now read the interviews (they were on the P&J website). It seems that some daft Dons fans were harassing his wife and bairns, and also having a go at him. That's just out of order.

He says he still follows the Dons and still speaks to some of his ex-colleagues at Pittodrie. I'm pleased for him that he's doing well in the MLS.

Before my time, but ex Don Harry Melrose has passed away aged 88.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Before my time, but ex Don Harry Melrose has passed away aged 88.
    Captained the team in the late 1960s. He would have been a team-mate of Fergie at his previous club, Dunfermline.

Rumour has it that Juventus are lining up a move for Lewis Ferguson to replace Paul Pogba, who has been banned for four years.

I hope there was a sell-on clause.

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    Rumour has it that Juventus are lining up a move for Lewis Ferguson to replace Paul Pogba, who has been banned for four years.

I hope there was a sell-on clause.
    There is apparently a sell on clause. No idea how much, but a figure of 20%, is what I have heard.

When I saw update on this thread thought Warnock had gone - boooooo

Page 229 of 232 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231 ... LastLast