+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 231 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Dons

All he does is score goals though. He’s meant to be setting them up from the left wing

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Whilst i don't think Rooney is past it and i think he is better than those 3 the level he is playing at he should be banging them in.
    If he was still with us he would get more than those 3 combined

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    If he was still with us he would get more than those 3 combined
    Hard to argue with that, however the standard of defenders/goalkeepers he is up against is perhaps not the same as in the SPFL, his wages though, on a longer contract are double what he was earning up here and at his age our present/currrrant coach being an ex pro would not stand in a fellow pro’s way putting his family first.

SF

Shankland with two so far at Tannadump

Aye but have you seen the defending?

How much will "Shanks" go for in January? Out of our price range?

When you think how much we spunked on May, Cosgrove and Wilson's wages.................

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

When you think how much we spunked on May, Cosgrove and Wilson's wages.................
    Can we not buy him back - surely he's better than the plethora of dud strikers at the club?

Always nice to see Yinited get gubbed.

Nicky Maynard wins English guff div 2 goal of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

Hes hun bound. Heard it twice now. Well they are set to bid

Got to say, Shankland always failed to impress me on the few occasions I saw him play. Always thought he looked sluggish and a bit too flat footed to make it as a decent striker, as much as I wanted him to, not unlike the other great hope of the time Declan McManus.

Going by what he said in his interview on Alba yesterday, he saw Ayr United as the last chance saloon and clearly that has had an impact on his game, so fair play to him, he looked much more effective against the joots. Wouldn't get carried away with that though, as there have been loads of strikers who score for fun in the lower leagues but never quite cut the mustard in the top flight. The joots aren't exactly Barcelona.

If he cant get motivated enough to give it a good go at AFC, and I'm sure we gave him enough chances, then as far as I'm concerned we made the right decision.

Page 34 of 231 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast