+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 59 of 231 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Dons

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Fraser Fyvie released from the PJMs.

Nice lad from a good family who made the right move leaving Aberdeen
    I’m just catching up on this news. I’m finding it difficult to put into words how devastated I am hearing he has been released

Kenny McLean spent the majority of his AFC career doing f*ck all.

That said, he could play a bit from time to time, which is more than a few of our current passengers can do.
    A bit harsh I would say. It’s only now that he has gone that we are seeing that we are missing someone like him. He could have downed tools after signing for Norwich but to be fair he put in a real shift in his final few months, probably playing his best football in his time with us

He was here about 6 months before anyone noticed. Had a wee purple patch then spent another few months pinging balls into the stands & fixing his hair.

He did finish on form but we could’ve done with seeing more of it.

I still think a bit harsh but I agree he had spells where he didn’t perform but I would still take him over any of our current midfielders

He was here about 6 months before anyone noticed. Had a wee purple patch then spent another few months pinging balls into the stands & fixing his hair.

He did finish on form but we could’ve done with seeing more of it.
    To be fair he was an attacking free scoring midfielder at St Mirren then played deeper with us. He was good in those 6 months, just not as good as we would have liked. Once he got used to the defending part he became a really good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Last I had it was a stag doo about 6yrs ago. Tasted better than I remember but I remember it going in like acid and coming out like acid.

Calm doon.
    ?????.....I’m perfectly calm thank you.

SF

At least McLean actually tried to pass the ball instead of hoofing it up the park like most of the team do these days.

He did have times where he should have been dropped or subbed but he fell into the McInnes favourite category.

Still I think not replacing him has resulted in us being “boring to watch” this season.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

Still I think not replacing him has resulted in us being “boring to watch” this season.
    I have to agree there. He tried to start moves by playing football. We dont do that these days

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    At least McLean actually tried to pass the ball instead of hoofing it up the park like most of the team do these days.

He did have times where he should have been dropped or subbed but he fell into the McInnes favourite category.

Absolutely.
    McLean was by far and above our best player in the 6 months before he left.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Absolutely.
    McLean was by far and above our best player in the 6 months before he left.
    He was playing well but he’d been here a lot longer than 6 months & for huge chunks of it, he was just poncing about.

Page 59 of 231 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast