Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 222

Thread: Ex-Dons

  1. #161
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    25,047
    Billy Stark appointed Scotland U19 manager

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Foggy Dump
    Posts
    3,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Billy Stark appointed Scotland U19 manager
    Good loon. Very intelligent player. Did he not manage Scotland U21’s before.

  3. #163
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    25,047
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Good loon. Very intelligent player. Did he not manage Scotland U21’s before.
    I think you are right

    He was already in the SFA as some kind of youth dude capacity but the 19s have been added to his job

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Good loon. Very intelligent player. Did he not manage Scotland U21ís before.
    An excellent player/coach and importantly person.

    In life you get the honour to do eulogies, I can still remember the one he gave to his best mate Tommy Burns.

    SF

  5. #165
    I was reading an article on BBC Sport about Swansea appointing Graham Potter from Ostersunds as their manager.
    I knew that ex-Hamilton boss Billy Reid was Potter's assistant manager at Ostersunds, but then another name on their coaching team caught my eye.
    Apparently the Swedish side had a recruitment analyst named Kyle Macaulay.
    I was vaguely aware of that name being the same as an ex-Dons player around the time of Steve Paterson's reign, and a hazy recollection that he might have been Paterson's nephew.
    Turns out this is the same guy who didn't really make much of an impression at Pittodrie, but seems to have forged a career elsewhere in the game.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by abz075 View Post
    I was reading an article on BBC Sport about Swansea appointing Graham Potter from Ostersunds as their manager.
    I knew that ex-Hamilton boss Billy Reid was Potter's assistant manager at Ostersunds, but then another name on their coaching team caught my eye.
    Apparently the Swedish side had a recruitment analyst named Kyle Macaulay.
    I was vaguely aware of that name being the same as an ex-Dons player around the time of Steve Paterson's reign, and a hazy recollection that he might have been Paterson's nephew.
    Turns out this is the same guy who didn't really make much of an impression at Pittodrie, but seems to have forged a career elsewhere in the game.
    Any chance he’s available to give russ Richardson a few tips this summer

  7. #167
    Leicester are leading the race to sign Norwich midfielder James Maddison, 21, with the Canaries likely to demand over £20m for the 21-year-old Englishman. (PA)

    BBC Gossip page

    Shame he was never on our books, good luck to him though.

  8. #168
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    25,047
    Hes not worth 20-25 million. Its a prime example of guffball moneybags madness

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Hes not worth 20-25 million. Its a prime example of guffball moneybags madness
    Thatcherite market forces min. Two generations on, it's the trading norm. Even "progressive" political parties' economic policies are governed by it and its premises.

    The mountains of non-money sloshing about inside fitba is the perfect microcosm of the reasons why we were ****ed over by international capitalism in 2008, but failed to drag it up a lanie and administer a firm, fatal shoeing when we had the chance.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Thatcherite market forces min. Two generations on, it's the trading norm. Even "progressive" political parties' economic policies are governed by it and its premises.

    The mountains of non-money sloshing about inside fitba is the perfect microcosm of the reasons why we were ****ed over by international capitalism in 2008, but failed to drag it up a lanie and administer a firm, fatal shoeing when we had the chance.
    So how would you decide transfer fees then?

  11. #171
    Agreed contracts honoured by both parties, players move on Bosmans when they end, I suppose.

    Nae my problem really.

  12. #172
    Hopefully just paper talk nae worth a wage & he will be on high wages!

  13. #173
    whoops wrong thread

  14. #174
    looks like Mr Flood is on his way home from Bali! Contract cancelled due to 4 foreigner rule, what a mess

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    looks like Mr Flood is on his way home from Bali! Contract cancelled due to 4 foreigner rule, what a mess
    I hope Dunfermline donít entertain the thought of taking him back now.

  16. #176
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    25,047
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I hope Dunfermline don’t entertain the thought of taking him back now.
    They put the clause in his contract that allowed him to leave so it was their own fault

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I hope Dunfermline donít entertain the thought of taking him back now.
    Why would you wish that upon the loon?
    He requires to make a living, the Pars understood that as would most of their fans.....he never let us down tbf.

    SF

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    They put the clause in his contract that allowed him to leave so it was their own fault
    Yep, I know that. Nothing against Willo Flood but are Dunfermline that desperate that they would take him back after only a matter of a few days with the club he upped sticks to get a dream move to Bali?

  19. #179
    Name:  1FC2B101-17BB-4007-9F1C-5B3400C29CCF.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  17.1 KB

  20. #180
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    25,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Name:  1FC2B101-17BB-4007-9F1C-5B3400C29CCF.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  17.1 KB
    I liked the Rock. Shame they are potentially moving

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •