+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 230 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Dons

Ash Taylor had quite a lot of games where he had a complete nightmare, off the top of my head are,

ICT away 1-3 when he gave away a pen and was at fault for the other 2 goals.

Maribor home 1-1 he was at fault for the goal.

St Johnstone away 0-3 on a Friday night a few seasons back he was horrendous that night.

Dundee United home 0-3 His debut when he set up a Dundee Utd player for one of their goals it might have even been GMS.

Im sure there were a lot more that I have erased from my memory, the point is if he was playing on Saturday instead of Arnason or AOC we would have probably still lost 3-0 because he was shyte and wasn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Ash Taylor was an enigma.

When he was right and on it he was a decent big centre half and good for the odd goal in the other box from a corner.

But he seemed to have these brain farts when everything just went Donald Trump, and you never knew when these moments/games were going to happen.
    I don't think he was an enigma as much as he was just a bit patchy. Same with Diamond who now seems to be etched into the history books as a categorically awful player - yet I can remember plenty of games where he looked the business.

I actually thought he was pretty solid bar some poor patches of form which mainly came at the beginning and tail end of his time at the Dons. As you say, when he was bad he was rank rotten. Probably still a better option than any other CH options we have currently bar McKenna.

Diamond turned gash around the time he was "linked with Atletico".

I agree he looked promising but he declined badly

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Diamond turned gash around the time he was "linked with Atletico".

I agree he looked promising but he declined badly

Agreed. Thought he was tremendous when he first got into the team but suddenly ....... it all went Pete Tong for the boy.

Diamond was alright for the most part, as long as you didn’t f*ck about with a back 3. Questionable attitude towards the end though

Big Stockley on target again last night. Worth bringing back? Keiran Tierney's dentist thinks so!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    Big Stockley on target again last night. Worth bringing back? Keiran Tierney's dentist thinks so!!!
    Stockley on target again today,i always thought he was half decent and worth keeping,and certainly better than maynard or cosgrove

Defo better than Maynard and Cosgrove. That’s Not saying a lot to be fair. Was a marked man up here though. No point keeping a player with us once the refs have it in for them - same with Rico back in the day and Shinnie is in danger of going the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Defo better than Maynard and Cosgrove. That’s Not saying a lot to be fair. Was a marked man up here though. No point keeping a player with us once the refs have it in for them - same with Rico back in the day and Shinnie is in danger of going the same way.
    True he was a marked man due to his style of play,still thought he was worth keeping though,he scored goals for us in his time here,couple decent ones at that

Two for stockley now

Page 9 of 230 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast