+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 90 of 232 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Dons

Now Stuart Kennedy is a toff... Reminds me on Captain Beefheart (when Van Vilet was alive) though in appearance

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I disagree (and so does my dad)

He was my fitba manager for a few years. Nae a fan

I was elated to find out he was gong to be manager. I was left affa dissapointed
    What did Simmy do to piss you off?

"No PAC, you can't the penalties and all the free kicks and corners and thrown ins and goal kicks"

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    What did Simmy do to piss you off?

"No PAC, you can't the penalties and all the free kicks and corners and thrown ins and goal kicks"
    It was his arrogance, he knew everything. He was just a ****. He also made sure everyone knew his favourites. He spoke to them in a friendly buddy type manner but their pet names or first names. Everyone else was spoken to like sh@te and addressed but their second names. He immediately split the dressing room. Canna do that as a manager. He also wouldn't take on the people who came to watch(where my dad steps in).

He did let me play at Balmoor a lot though which was always enjoyable

He did let me play at Balmoor a lot though which was always enjoyable
    Balmoor enjoyable??? I hate that f@cking godforsaken place and not just for the Hun memorabilia strewn across its walls (or at least was, I think they've taken it down now)

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Balmoor enjoyable??? I hate that f@cking godforsaken place and not just for the Hun memorabilia strewn across its walls (or at least was, I think they've taken it down now)
    Cracking pitch though. Probably the best I ever played on

The hun gubbins are out of the social club but...………….

I know for a fact there is still a giant Ibrox painting in the board room as I sneakily had a rummage around nae too long ago

I found Simmy to be a fantastic manager. He was great for my development, called me either Hotshot or Ace, really built up my confidence that. He correctly streamlined the dressing room so the 1st teamers got the care and attention they needed. He was strong enough in his own opinion to follow his own course and not be swayed by dissenting but well meaning voices.

Never let me play at Balmoor tho, wherever that is...
    Last edited by StandfreeFM; 08-11-2019 at 07:13 AM.

I disagree (and so does my dad)

He was my fitba manager for a few years. Nae a fan

I was elated to find out he was gong to be manager. I was left affa dissapointed
    What age group was that Pac?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    What age group was that Pac?
    15s/16s/17s if memory serves me right. District team

Long time ago(36 on Monday) but I hold grudges

Two ex-dons playing tonight in the FA cup on BBC 2,Jeffery Monakana now playing for the mighty Dulwich Hamlet FC and Adam Collin the goalkeeper playing for Carlisle Utd

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Two ex-dons playing tonight in the FA cup on BBC 2,Jeffery Monakana now playing for the mighty Dulwich Hamlet FC and Adam Collin the goalkeeper playing for Carlisle Utd
    Dulwich Hamlet. Fitba-hipster-tastic

Page 90 of 232 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast