+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 231 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Dons

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Biggest load of baloney you have typed in a while a d that takes some doing considering the amount you type on a daily basis!
    I think he could’ve made a similar contribution, playing the same position. He would have half a seasons head start on McLean

Cammy Smith was never good enough,89 appearances 25 of them starts which is a lot more chances that most get and I can’t recall many games where he justified being kept on.

I’m pretty sure if he was signed from the lower leagues in England instead of coming through the youth system no one would be debating whether we should have kept him or given him more chances than he got.

That’s a slightly different argument.

You’re right with the second part but if we’re doing hypotheticals, if he hadn’t played for us then he’d be the type of player people would be suggesting we sign to replace McLean.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    A "terrier" **** me some people fantasize about ex players. Cammy Smith couldn't tackle a fish supper. When Cammy played with us it was always "he's too small" "he's too lightweight" "he's not strong enough".

Suddenly he's a "terrier" like player. PMSL.
    Hang on a minute I meant small.

To be honest I wasn't his greatest fan either (although I get limited exposure obviously) but I suspect he would have been better in the role than Ball or AOC. We'll never know. I was drawing a comparison with McLean who is possibly best described as - languid?

I suspect you need more fibre in your diet but then that would be me jumping to conclusions too.

I think people who say cammy Smith was never good enough should remember when he left us he would have been 21 and never given a proper run of games.

Perhaps if we recruited proper professionals we’d be able to give youths a chance to develop instead of expecting them to carry the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    I think people who say cammy Smith was never good enough should remember when he left us he would have been 21 and never given a proper run of games.

Perhaps if we recruited proper professionals we’d be able to give youths a chance to develop instead of expecting them to carry the team.
    89 games wasn’t a proper run of games?

There have been players over the years who have played less than 10 games and been written off by some so I’m not sure how much games he should have got to prove his worth,200 or 300 games?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    89 games wasn’t a proper run of games?

There have been players over the years who have played less than 10 games and been written off by some so I’m not sure how much games he should have got to prove his worth,200 or 300 games?
    As the posited said 25 of his 89 were starts the rest of the bench and we all know dereks subs are always made late. So I don’t think he did get a proper chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    As the posited said 25 of his 89 were starts the rest of the bench and we all know dereks subs are always made late. So I don’t think he did get a proper chance.
    25 starts is a lot more chances than some players get.

May well be more than others however some get 300 plus

Name:  downloadfile-1-02.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  20.3 KB

Page 15 of 231 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast