+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 196 of 231 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2306

Thread: Ex-Dons

With shinnie being a local boy is there anyone on here with insider knowledge of his situation at Wigan. He didn't come across as the type of guy that would be happy sitting on the bench even if it is a well paid bench

I haven’t watched this yet, and I doubt that Shinnie’d be asked, or give an answer to such a question beyond the usual pro fitba player platitudes “stay and fight for my place”/“work hard in training”/“catch the gaffer’s eye” and that. Begg’s interviews are usually worthwhile though. His chat with Doug Rougvie was hilarious.

https://youtu.be/D9TkC900BnY

A corner taken by McLennan leads to a goal by Stevie May and three points to Perth Saints in the VAR debut match.

Wes Burns scored the winner for Ipswich at Derby last night.
    That was a name from the not too distance past.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    A corner taken by McLennan leads to a goal by Stevie May and three points to Perth Saints in the VAR debut match.
    I assume that the Clark who scored the other goal is Nicky Clark, ex-coach Sandy’s loon who was on our books, erm…oh, fuuckin ages ago. The goal allowed following a VAR replay too, where there was a chance that Porteous had been fouled, but the **** had dived or otherwise conned the VAR mannie. Karma, but of little consolation to us.

https://youtu.be/69cKI7K93PA
    Last edited by 57vintage; 22-10-2022 at 07:28 AM.

Lewis Ferguson scoring for Bologna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ltGNfj2aTk

Either Stevie May, who hit the shot, or Ash Taylor who it hit on its way into the net has Perth one up on Kilmarnock. Radio Scotland gives it to May, BBC Sport results update say og.

It’s nae loss fit a freen gets etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bigj View Post
    With shinnie being a local boy is there anyone on here with insider knowledge of his situation at Wigan. He didn't come across as the type of guy that would be happy sitting on the bench even if it is a well paid bench
    I was in London last weekend and saw him at QPR. He had been on the bench the last few games but played the full 90. He held his own in midfield and had an ok game without standing out too much. His touch let him down when he had a chance to score late on and he picked up his obligatory booking so nothing much changed there.

I see he played the full game again today and picked up his obligatory booking!

I was thinking about Shinnie.
    I'm convinced MacInnes fu ck ed his career.
    Had he stayed a left back I'm sure he'd have made it to a higher level.
    He was every bit as good as Robertson and Tierney but as a midfielder I think he always had a much lower ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I was thinking about Shinnie.
    I'm convinced MacInnes fu ck ed his career.
    Had he stayed a left back I'm sure he'd have made it to a higher level.
    He was every bit as good as Robertson and Tierney but as a midfielder I think he always had a much lower ceiling.
    I'd agree 100% with that.

Good in midfield when needing a bit of bite, but not got the quality to do much else, hence so many bookings.

He was an excellent left back, but I heard he is the one that insists on midfield.

I'd have him back tomorrow if we could.

Page 196 of 231 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206 ... LastLast