+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Minter

Minter

We were the better side last Sunday and easily (IMO) held them at bay and eased to a derby victory, with McMullan in particular a stand out.

Tonight was unacceptable. We were dominated from start to finish by a ****ing awful funster side. I don't mind losing (although I hate losing a derby). but losing like we did tonight is wholly unacceptable.

Lewis (not 50k toshney) and Robson scrape pass marks but over the course that was hard to take.

Scobbie - probably ****ed and turned inside out by the amateur winger.
    5/10

Edge - "good in the air" ****ing humped by Marcus ****ing Haber and the futsal player. Release please.

Durnan - again pumped in the air but contributed well otherwise.

Toshney - ffs - brutal. One good pass in his defence.

King - right place, right time - bang average.

McMullan - get him back up top - dominated today

Briels - I'll stop short of ****e but not far off.

Stanton - quality player if utilised correctly

Fyvie - benefit of the doubt - not match fit.

Mcdonald - dominated by 2 inexperienced centre halves - must have more to give?

If that was an awful Funster side, then words fail me to describe what we are/were!

For me our stand outs were Lewis (goalie) and Robson. Scobbie is alright playing in the centre of the defence against Cowdenbeath (he looked impressive then) but as a left back he should never have walked up the road from Tannadice. As for the rest, it's going to be a long hard season again. I just hope that we find second gear soon. The last three games have got 'last season' written all over them. Individually we have more talented players than last season, but collectively they are as soft as ****!

If Dundee are a bang average Premiership side who are destined to struggle this season, then pity help us. Last Sunday's game Dundee were overall the more dominant and organised side. They should have won by two clear goals. Last night they should have won by four or five. McCann has a big problem, turning dominance into goals. McKinnon has a bigger problem. He cannot see the woods for the trees. He is in denial and he is stubborn.

Like much of last season, we are lucky to be where we are. This Saturday will test us.

We couldn't blame Flood, Fraser or Allardyce for last night's performance and that really worries me!

I think you are being over critical ram. I totally understand that, we weren't in the hunt last night and got what we deserved (in fact maybe even got off lightly).

However, Ray has built a team to win the championship, not compete with premiership clubs. This is the reality of our situation.

Terry, I've tried to sleep it off. I've had nightmares. Perhaps it is too early in the morning for me to be posting. I'm sure you share my disappointment with last night's performance, but I am seething at Ray's post match remarks. I'm sorry but I am already beginning to have my doubts about this season, and that is with a player pool who individually are on paper much better than last season. As things stand this team is far too soft for the Championship. Let's see what happens against QOTS on Saturday and take things from there.

I dont even think we were the better side last sunday but at least we held our own that day. Last night was a shambles. I've probably never seen us outplayed in a derby as much as last night. As for Rays post match comments, unbelievable! I can only hope it was spur of the moment stuff because if he really believes them then we are in for trouble.

I've sobered up now - that was still an absolute embarrassment.

It is never acceptable for Dundee Utd to lose a derby to the fun but that was the sort of domination you expect when you're playing Celtic - not ****ing Admin FC.

The worst thing for me? There is no ****ing comeback.

Possession - pumped
    Chances - pumped
    Goals - pumped
    Corners - pumped

Did their team of hardened journeyman just bully our excellent but inconsistent young prospects? Na, they had more youth prospects out, probably a younger team overall and had a ****ing 19 year old at centre half against our experienced international striker who was made to look ****e...

It is ****ing frightening the nick we are in compared to 3,4 even 5 years ago.

We'll canter the league imo but that was a serious wake up call.

Quote Originally Posted by FTD1983 View Post

It is never acceptable for Dundee Utd to lose a derby to the fun but that was the sort of domination you expect when you're playing Celtic - not ****ing Admin FC.

Possession - pumped
    Chances - pumped
    Goals - pumped
    Corners - pumped

Did their team of hardened journeyman just bully our excellent but inconsistent young prospects? Na, they had more youth prospects out, probably a younger team overall and had a ****ing 19 year old at centre half against our experienced international striker who was made to look ****e...

Wow you manage to be overly pessimistic and overly confident in the same post!

i think a big problem with united since CL/PH years is weve not had a big physical presence running through the team.
    mcnamara's consisted of nice technical players with one or two (paton/ rankin) who could put a foot in but not big physical brutes who could intimidate and bully opponents.
    Mixu brought in Demel who might have been like that type but used him wrong imo. he did however do it with ofere who just bullied defenders.

Ray last season and looking like this season aswell relied on durnan and Edge to be the physical players in the team. we needed a ross draper type in the middle or an ofere up top if we want to be able to compete with a more physical opponent.

the boy kamara was just holding off our players with ease at times, thats where a bigger physical player could have won the battle to allow our technical players to do their stuff. although i dont think we are as soft or as good as the Jackie team, i do think weve got a better mentality in the team than his

Quote Originally Posted by FTD1983 View Post

Possession - pumped
    Chances - pumped
    Goals - pumped
    Corners - pumped

A wake up call to what? The fact we're a Championship team? If people don't realise this after a year in the Championship then more the ****ing fool them.

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    I dont even think we were the better side last sunday but at least we held our own that day. Last night was a shambles. I've probably never seen us outplayed in a derby as much as last night. As for Rays post match comments, unbelievable! I can only hope it was spur of the moment stuff because if he really believes them then we are in for trouble.
    Maybe, just maybe, he didn't want to put the boot into the players publicly after we've only played 1 league game? Maybe he was harsher in the the changing room? I wouldn't read too much into what he said after the game tbh

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)