+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Queens sign two players on loan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Queens sign two players on loan

St Johnstone duo, Chris Kane and Jason Kerr have today joined the Club on loan.

Chris a 22 year old forward joined the Perth sides youth set up in 2009. After breaking into the first team, he scored the only goal of the game against Aberdeen to secure them fourth place in the Premiership. The striker who last week signed a two year extension at McDiarmid Park has already spent time in the Championship on loan at Dumbarton.

Jason is also a member of Saints youth set up. The 20 year old centre half has spent much of his playing career on loan at East Fife, where he won the league two title under Gary Naysmith.

The manager said "Jason is a young centre half who has done well and already has good experience. He's a decent height and having played further up the park earlier in his career, he is comfortable on the ball. He's scored a few goals for East Fife from the back so he is a threat at set plays. He has been in the squad for Saints this season, including their European games so I didn't think he would be available to us but I'm delighted to be reunited with him and I'm sure he will be a good signing for the club".

"Chris will be better known to our supporters after his time at Dumbarton, he's a proven goal-scorer in both the Premier league and Championship. He is our type of player, a young lad who wants to develop. It's another one we weren't sure if it would come off or not but we have built up a good relationship with Tommy Wright and the coaching staff at St Johnstone so that's helped us get the two boys in. They know that Zander Clark was looked after during his loan spell at Dumfries and they like that we send them clips after each game so that they can keep track of their players. Chris has become a bit frustrated at not playing every week, so to develop his career he wants to come to try to get a regular game. We have two experienced strikers in Derek Lyle and Stephen Dobbie that he can learn from. It's no secret that I felt we were one short upfront, Chris coming in boosts our options, Del got two on Saturday, Lyndon scored and we've still got Stephen to come back as well as Ross Ferguson who has also been out injured".

"We had to be patient but hopefully it's an agreement that will suit both clubs and I'm looking forward to working with them".

"I'm grateful to St Johnstone and to the Board who have again stepped up and made the money available for us to bring them in".

From qosfc.com

Good news, lets welcome these young guys and hope they do well at our club.

Hopefully we can get an on loan midfield player as well, but great to see the BOD have again produced the money to bolster our squad.

Personally don't know much about Jason Kerr but Chris Kane is a tremendous signing for Queens ....... things are looking up

Chris Kane is a good prospect.

I must say the Kerr and Kane look decent signings for as well as youth they both have some experience of playing in the lower divisions with East Fife and Dumbarton respectively. Now if we could just persuade Celtic to loan out Joe Thomson for another spell then I would be even happier

Joe Thomson signs for Livingston on loan .......

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Joe Thomson signs for Livingston on loan .......
    I hope he doesn't come back to haunt Queens? To be fair, I don't reckon he would get back into the current Queens team.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I hope he doesn't come back to haunt Queens? To be fair, I don't reckon he would get back into the current Queens team.
    What planet r u on our midfield is pis

joe thomson would walk into this shabby queens midfield ,far better than what we have by some distance ,we lack a touch of class in our midfield ,no spark there atol ,with those 2 loan signings we made , i reckon thats it until at least the transfer window ,none of our signings give me any confidence ,i just hope we can bring the players we have on and make a run for 4rth or higher ,its just hope tho ,the big worry for queens is ,if we have a bad season this term its going to be disaster for finances as crowds will plummet fast yet again for another season in a row .

Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post
    What planet r u on our midfield is pis
    Apart from Thomson's long solo run goal at Palmerston he was pretty average after his good start.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)