+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team for Chessie?

Team for Chessie?

Mine:

Fitzsimons
    Tootle, Brisley, Duffy, Jones (or Dickinson, if overcome Scunny game)
    Hawkridge, Yates, Milsom, Grant
    Forte, Ameobi

You could swap Allesandra in for Hawkridge or Forte to be honest, but I would like to see JF get a chance up front if his legs are up to it following Scunny.

I'd play Allesandra where you have Grant, drop Forte and play Grant "off" Ameobi

I would definitely play Allessandra, even if it meant playing him in the middle but probably instead of Hawkridge. I would say Dickinson over Jones too after his disaster at Coventry but Chessie is his old team and you know how football usually works... I'd be pretty shocked if Adam Collin doesn't start too

I was surprised when some Notts fans described Carl Dickinson's performance at York as 'same old'. I thought he looked much fitter and more fluid in his movements. I would predict that Dicko will be a major part of Nolan's thinking this season.

Agree with some of the above points, one of the positive things about this year's squad is a lot of the attacking players are interchangeable

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I was surprised when some Notts fans described Carl Dickinson's performance at York as 'same old'. I thought he looked much fitter and more fluid in his movements. I would predict that Dicko will be a major part of Nolan's thinking this season.
    I would say he's a lot fitter than he was last season, Nolan said that he's one of the fittest players he's known which certainly wouldnt have described him last season when he was terrible fairly often, I don't think I've ever seen a Notts player have a worse debut than Dan Jones did against Coventry though, it was considerably worse than Branston's which I would guess is the measuring stick. If Dicko played well at Scunny Nolan can easily drop Jones with the excuse of Dickinson taking his chance rather than admitting it was because Jones was god awful

Hopefully Nolan will not fall into the usual managers trap and revert back to his safe bet players. Stick with the best performers from midweek.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Hopefully Nolan will not fall into the usual managers trap and revert back to his safe bet players. Stick with the best performers from midweek.
    I'll be disappointed if he reverts back. Seems we've got some serious competition for places this year, especially in goal.

Pretty simple from me:

Jorge MUST start.......don't play Shola and Stead together, so Forte to replace Stead up front......drop Jones....play both wingers, Hawk and Aless (and please tell them to attack the bylines!)....if Brisley and Yates don't start, make sure they are you're 2 main subs ready for a rousing finale

Whichever goalie starts, tie his shoelaces together to force him to roll the ball out to the backs.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Whichever goalie starts, tie his shoelaces together to force him to roll the ball out to the backs.
    Or just... I dunno... Tell him to do that before the game if the plan is to play out from the back? Which it won't be because Nolan likes Allardyce football.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast