+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotta Question

Gotta Question

The manager...

We've improved the squad with better proven players yet we aren't playing any better?

Formation? Questionable as always

Tactics? High balls to a 5ft7 striker

New players? Unfit

Nae complaints with the fact we were beat, they were better than us, we should however be playing a lot better than what we are with what we've got at our disposal

We need a big b4starding forward. Dundee played loads of long balls to Haber and he won 90% of them.

Ray should have seen that Edge was getting taken to the cleaners in the air and swapped him with Durnan.

We are land of the midgets though and totally lost out physically to Dundee.

Yes - agree 100% but for all the slaverin dees away to come on board. You bullied us and won deservedly.

OA we have the players to romp this league not sure we have the manager - Stanton out right 1st half???

Well it didn't take long for a doubt the manager thread did it.

Think you have to bear in mind we are a work in progress. A lot of new players, some still not quite 100%
    It takes time for a bunch of new players to gel and this match came a wee bit too early for us.

Yes, beaten by the better team, but we will improve and I don't think they will improve much.

If there is a negative it's our lack of height, plenty positives, and I'm not away to question the manager because we lost that one.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Well it didn't take long for a doubt the manager thread did it.

Think you have to bear in mind we are a work in progress. A lot of new players, some still not quite 100%
    It takes time for a bunch of new players to gel and this match came a wee bit too early for us.

Yes, beaten by the better team, but we will improve and I don't think they will improve much.

If there is a negative it's our lack of height, plenty positives, and I'm not away to question the manager because we lost that one.
    come on it is there to see - even he can win this league but he is very worrying tactically and playing players before they are ready. He has bought well but there is not physical presence.

I hope he gets us up and improves but he is one of the worst managers i have seen at utd.

I agree stoke work in progress and his signings are exceptional but i hope he develops as a manager.

RM done a brilliant job on recruitment this summer. Couple more players to come in too.

Worry if once we've got the players he can't set them up or motivate them

Cups not priority this season - tonight was Fun but not what matters for this year

Test will be if ray can get us to beat teams week in week out in league

Dundee won because they outmuscled and outfought us, not acceptable but it is the league cup.
    Our whole future as a football club hinges on us gaining promotion.
    If we win against QOTS on Saturday I'll care not a jot about tonight. However if we play like we did tonight in any league game I'll be fizzing.
    Agree that we need more height and power up front. Haber was all over our defence.

Stoked that was brutal tonight mate, our whole set up was ****e

Not worried yet as there are a number of players who have played every game, along with some of the injured and newer lads who have to get their fitness up to the required level.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    Dundee won because they outmuscled and outfought us, not acceptable but it is the league cup.
    Our whole future as a football club hinges on us gaining promotion.
    If we win against QOTS on Saturday I'll care not a jot about tonight. However if we play like we did tonight in any league game I'll be fizzing.
    Agree that we need more height and power up front. Haber was all over our defence.
    Probably the most sensible post Ill read all night.

We were weaker all over the park, physically and towards the end, mentally too.

Yes, the better team won 100% but Ill not be losing any sleep over that tonight.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)