+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clucas, why another midfielder?

To be honest I thought he was younger. So slightly younger than Cork, approaching peak years as a professional footballer would be about right.

Clucas' next move for him will be a big decision. We are just the club for him for me.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    To be honest I thought he was younger. So slightly younger than Cork, approaching peak years as a professional footballer would be about right.

Clucas' next move for him will be a big decision. We are just the club for him for me.
    Sky sports said Hull were in the market for 1-2 midfield names which suggests he's moving probably
    To us - there just putting there own house in order first.

I like this lad - think he could do well here for us --- Dyche will like him as he fits all the SD
    Criteria.

Word coming into my earpiece is that two of our midfielders are soon to depart and neither of them are Defour.

Attachment 5920

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Claret View Post
    He is 26/27, when do they stop being one for the future?
    I, for one, am a bit sickened by the loss of game time that has started happening at the peak of professional's career. Why has Kevin Long agreed to be an understudy for another 3 years when he should be having a career he can tell his grandkids about? Why did Kights spends his best years warming our bench?
    Catch 22 that 72 claret ---- he needs to get his chance to get noticed and so move up the
    Pecking order and money etc etc, if he's not really on clubs radars yet it's just the waiting game and luck of course.
    Last time he got a chance he suffered the major injury at Newcastle which probably put him back 2/3
    Seasons at a higher level.
    Don't know if he's good enough yet --- though against Celta Vigo I was impressed with his
    Overall performance and he s now playing for Ireland so maybe his stock will rise.

Kightly for me was inconsistent could do it but rarely did ---- wingers without pace are pointless
    In this day and age , unless you have a special talent. ( he had neither --- that doesn't make him bad
    In fact quite liked him when he was on his game ).

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Word coming into my earpiece is that two of our midfielders are soon to depart and neither of them are Defour.

Attachment 5920
    I'd guess Bt at Arfield and Westwood ( I just think Westwood will think I'm too far down the order now )

Can't understand why people want D4 out , best footballer we have had for many a year .
    Dyche has the headache of finding a way of playing him in his system , without him being
    Just a passenger.

I'm really hoping D4 stays anyway and really shows what he's capable of this year --- if he gets it right
    Hell open a few eyes of the bigger boys I think.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Can't understand why people want D4 out , best footballer we have had for many a year .
    Dyche has the headache of finding a way of playing him in his system , without him being
    Just a passenger.

I'm really hoping D4 stays anyway and really shows what he's capable of this year --- if he gets it right
    Hell open a few eyes of the bigger boys I think.
    I doubt anyone wants to see Defour go but we just don't see Shaun warming to him. He would be the first name on the team sheet for me.

I think Arfield and Ulvestad have already booked...

Attachment 5922

Clucas not coming yet though, as Hull say they have turned down £7M

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Clucas not coming yet though, as Hull say they have turned down £7M
    Just playing the game oldcolner, just playing the game. That's the trouble when the selling club know that the buying club is loaded!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)