+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stevie May

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Maynard isn't the great white hope (no offence intended) and he didn't cost £300k and he also isn't our top earner.

The club couldn't offer him 1/2yrs as he would have knocked it back.
    I see your point when you put it like that,its always a risk paying money for a player even those who haven't had injuries Liam Boyce being an example.

I still think Aberdeen wouldn't have spent the money on him and given him a 4 year deal unless they were positive his knee is fine.

edit I dont think he is our top earner by the way, I would imagine that Shinnie is.

Really looking forward to the game tomorrow
    Can we expect him to play tomorrow, do we know if he is match fit ?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I see your point when you put it like that,its always a risk paying money for a player even those who haven't had injuries Liam Boyce being an example.

I still think Aberdeen wouldn't have spent the money on him and given him a 4 year deal unless they were positive his knee is fine.

edit I dont think he is our top earner by the way, I would imagine that Shinnie is.
    It is always a risk but shirely it's more a risk when he's had so many really bad injuries?

Just saying I hope he doesn't have anymore issues (obviously) and also hope he is as prolific as we all think he can be.

Quote Originally Posted by foreveradon View Post
    Really looking forward to the game tomorrow
    Can we expect him to play tomorrow, do we know if he is match fit ?
    He'll be on the bench I think.
    My guess is Maynard (or dare I say it even Stockley) will start tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by GlezgaRed View Post
    The position that badly needs strengthened if we are to give Sellic a real challenge, Considine fine against weaker teams but he doesn't have Hayes in front of him so we should go and get someone who plays the postion naturally !!!
    F@ck me pink! Even a Stevie May thread is not immune from Considine bashing ....

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    He'll be on the bench I think.
    My guess is Maynard (or dare I say it even Stockley) will start tomorrow.
    I think he could start.
    His match fitness levels won't be known, so better to start and change when he fades, than put on and find he's knackered for the last 10

It is always a risk but shirely it's more a risk when he's had so many really bad injuries?

Just saying I hope he doesn't have anymore issues (obviously) and also hope he is as prolific as we all think he can be.
    He hasn't had a load of bad injuries he had one bad knee injury which kept him out for 15 months.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He hasn't had a load of bad injuries he had one bad knee injury which kept him out for 15 months.
    Same thing.

Same thing.
    No it isn't if he had a load of injuries he would be injury prone like Jamie Smith who was never off the treatment table.

Anyway like you said hopefully that's behind him and he ends up being a key player for us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234