+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting X1 v Hamilton in cup

Starting X1 v Hamilton in cup

I'd go with;

Lewis
    Logan O'Connor Arnason Considine
    Tansey Shinnie
    Wright Christie GMS
    Maynard

subs; Rogers, Reynolds, Harvie, McLean, Rooney, Storey, Stewart

I'll assume Rooney fir - if not, Stockley on bench
    As bad as Kari Arnason was, I'll hope it's lack of match sharpness, so start him again - besides, Reynolds is at least as bad.

It'll likely be a right battle - Hamilton are hammer throwers and that amateur pitch will be as dry as a nuns f@nny

Given Wright is nae long back from a hamstring injury (and I believe it was still bandaged/strapped on Sunday) I'm nae sure Deek will risk him on that pitch.

Maynard having previous cruciate injuries may not be risked on the shiit park. Rooney definitley out

Ref for this one is Nick Walsh, can't say I know much about him but liking this snippet.....

"Walsh was the fourth official at Pittodrie last Saturday as Motherwell lost to Aberdeen, and he rubbed McGhee up the wrong way with his general demeanour throughout the match.

Walsh also intervened late on to ensure that Bobby Madden sent off ‘Well captain Keith Lasley, after the referee had initially taken a yellow card from his pocket for the midfielder’s challenge on Kenny McLean."

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I'd go with;

Lewis
    Logan O'Connor Arnason Considine
    Tansey Shinnie
    Wright Christie GMS
    Maynard

subs; Rogers, Reynolds, Harvie, McLean, Rooney, Storey, Stewart

I'll assume Rooney fir - if not, Stockley on bench
    As bad as Kari Arnason was, I'll hope it's lack of match sharpness, so start him again - besides, Reynolds is at least as bad.

It'll likely be a right battle - Hamilton are hammer throwers and that amateur pitch will be as dry as a nuns f@nny
    Can Scott Wright play on the right wing ? I'd stick Stewart there. We need a couple of early goals to kill them off and unsettle them. The longer it goes on we start getting nervy and that godawful pitch comes into play.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Can Scott Wright play on the right wing ? I'd stick Stewart there. We need a couple of early goals to kill them off and unsettle them. The longer it goes on we start getting nervy and that godawful pitch comes into play.
    I think he can play on both wings, one of the goals he scored at Partick he was on the right wing, plus he seems to be right footed.

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    Ref for this one is Nick Walsh, can't say I know much about him but liking this snippet.....

"Walsh was the fourth official at Pittodrie last Saturday as Motherwell lost to Aberdeen, and he rubbed McGhee up the wrong way with his general demeanour throughout the match.

Walsh also intervened late on to ensure that Bobby Madden sent off ‘Well captain Keith Lasley, after the referee had initially taken a yellow card from his pocket for the midfielder’s challenge on Kenny McLean."
    Pretty card happy.

Averages 4 Yellows per game, with a red every 3.
    117 games as ref, 431 Yellows, 31 reds.

Might not be so good for the Hamilton hammer throwers

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I think he can play on both wings, one of the goals he scored at Partick he was on the right wing, plus he seems to be right footed.
    Ok happy with that. I would maybe go with Stewart first of all with the option of Wright coming on if that's not working.

Canning is a thick *******...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40867178

Lewis
    Logan arnason Reynolds considine
    Tansey shinnie
    Stewart Christie GMS
    Storey

Think he might go with this, giving O'Connor and McLean a rest and not risking wright and Maynard for the full game. A start would do Storeys confidence some good as well.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast