+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: League Cup Second Round Draw

League Cup Second Round Draw

Wolves away to Southampton.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Wolves away to Southampton.
    Never mind

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    Never mind

Looks like we have ourselves another little pet.

I like the draw. I like getting teams that aren't in our division in the cups. Makes the tournament a little more interesting IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    I like the draw. I like getting teams that aren't in our division in the cups. Makes the tournament a little more interesting IMO.
    Couldn't agree more. Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    I think what would make this competition more interesting Mich ,is to not play it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    I think what would make this competition more interesting Mich ,is to not play it!!
    Something that would be interesting to experiment with, and since the EFL doesn't take this competition seriously to begin with since they change the name every other year, is some sort of salary cap system to even the playing field. What would people think of the following options:

A) No team can put out a matchday squad at any point in the tournament whose weekly wages add up to more than 1.5 million (chose this at random, no idea what the exact number should be). This would force the bigger clubs to put out a weaker lineup. And they couldn't pick all their top players. Most clubs would be able to field their top squad, but not everybody.

OR

No team can field a matchday squad whose weekly wages are 300% or more than their opponents. This means that Chelsea/Man City etc can't play very many top players at all in the early rounds when they're playing clubs form League One and Two. It would serve two functions: one, even the playing field and two, get the young English academy players experience against experienced teams.

Pipe dream as the EFL wouldn't want the big clubs risk losing in the early rounds more than they already are.

I'm looking forward to the Southampton game. I've only been to St.Mary's once and that was for the pre-season friendly five years ago, how time flies!

I can't grumble at the ticket prices for this one, only £10 to get in. Game to be played on the 23rd of this month.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)