+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are There Still 11,000 Dundee fans ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    You're saying that some of these lost fans might go to a semi or a final and I'll assume they'd also look at going to a big game like the recent derbies for example. You then say ticketing arrangements would put them off going but these games would be all ticket anyway so I can't see what the ticketing issue is, they'd need to get a ticket in advance same as everyone else.

I've said before that the whole entry 'inconvenience' is an excuse used by people that are just looking for one. You can walk up to Dens and buy a ticket for The Coxy without having to deviate your journey, same with Main Stand. You might have a slight detour if you want one for The Derry, but if you're that concerned about the extra walk you just go into Coxy or Main - same price.

You might need to queue for five minutes to get the ticket but once you have it the queue to get in is usually less than a minute - much less if you're smart enough to notice the queues in the Coxy are always shorter at the further away turnstiles. Rarely queues at the Main Stand turnstiles.
    Disagree

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    Disagree
    I know.

You're saying that some of these lost fans might go to a semi or a final and I'll assume they'd also look at going to a big game like the recent derbies for example. You then say ticketing arrangements would put them off going but these games would be all ticket anyway so I can't see what the ticketing issue is, they'd need to get a ticket in advance same as everyone else.

I've said before that the whole entry 'inconvenience' is an excuse used by people that are just looking for one. You can walk up to Dens and buy a ticket for The Coxy without having to deviate your journey, same with Main Stand. You might have a slight detour if you want one for The Derry, but if you're that concerned about the extra walk you just go into Coxy or Main - same price.

You might need to queue for five minutes to get the ticket but once you have it the queue to get in is usually less than a minute - much less if you're smart enough to notice the queues in the Coxy are always shorter at the further away turnstiles. Rarely queues at the Main Stand turnstiles.
    It annoys me........and I've got a season ticket.��

Buckie wuda put anybody aff if that was their first game.

I know.
    Think we got 6600 against Ross County couple seasons back, 1600 difference this seasons

Loads of different reasons contributing to lesser crowds, but ticketing arrangements us definitely one..

No need whatsoever for stands to be all tix

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    It annoys me........and I've got a season ticket.��

Buckie wuda put anybody aff if that was their first game.
    All ticket for Buckie game was farcical.

Think we got 6600 against Ross County couple seasons back, 1600 difference this seasons

Loads of different reasons contributing to lesser crowds, but ticketing arrangements us definitely one..

No need whatsoever for stands to be all tix
    You know the reasons for ticket only turnstiles.

I reckon one cash turnstile in The Coxy could be easily justified - again for reasons that we all know it's not possible in The Derry.

I reckon one cash turnstile in The Coxy could be easily justified - again for reasons that we all know it's not possible in The Derry.

Why cant adults pay cash i Coxy?

At every turnstyle?

It should be possible in the Derry

Another stand that will never be full this season

really is about time this q'ing twice to get in was looked at
    absolute nonsense imo
    last season i about turned twice and went home
    buckie game this season i was about off again after standing in a q over 100 deep only to get a third from the front and the steward to say that there was actually 2 turnstiles open
    anyone who defends the present entrance policy is sadly out of touch with the fans views

3k people desending on the club shop for a tkt would tip some overboard never mind 30k

It should be possible in the Derry

Another stand that will never be full this season
    You know full well that the safety certificate doesn't allow cash turnstiles in The Derry.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)