+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: mccann/haber

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    You got this week's lottery numbers?
    Feel free to pick me up on this further down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    his reluctance to take the job when offered, why did he change his mind? He was well paid at Sky and I think the door will always be open for him there. Plus Dundee managers never go on to higher things in the game. I'm happy he's at Dens but I do think his escape route is already planned.
    As most failed managers end up in punditry (usually radio Scotland) and most managers fail its not a wild assumption but I think Neil McCann has no intention of failing and has too much integrity to have an escape route planned but don't disagree he might end up back on sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Senility?
    I support Dundee......what else wud you expect.��

I've not made any assessment of NM other than saying I'm glad he backtracked on Haber albeit forced? And that he got it wrong with McGowan. And that playing two wide men against County with only Moose in the middle was a mistake. I am as desperate for him to succeed as we all are.
    Thought that you were saying that this would his only managerial appointment. Glad you are hoping that he will do well for us. I think he's shown more flexibility of thinking than one might have expected from a novice manager. Hopefully he's thought things out and not been reading /picking up the thoughts from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    As most failed managers end up in punditry (usually radio Scotland) and most managers fail its not a wild assumption but I think Neil McCann has no intention of failing and has too much integrity to have an escape route planned but don't disagree he might end up back on sky.
    What is the target for this season hence what is failure. 3 full houses on the box, bills paid? I'm still raging that Hartley gave duds 3 year deals. So NM is handicapped but he's been given a bit of backing. My belief is he's committed but has that 'out' at Sky. Not my preferred set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Thought that you were saying that this would his only managerial appointment. Glad you are hoping that he will do well for us. I think he's shown more flexibility of thinking than one might have expected from a novice manager. Hopefully he's thought things out and not been reading /picking up the thoughts from here.
    This is his only managerial job, hopefully for many years. The reality is he will favour his signings over and above what's already there. Moussa over Haber, McGowan dropped for wha, I'm not convinced. He is a pundit, time to be a manager.

What is the target for this season hence what is failure. 3 full houses on the box, bills paid? I'm still raging that Hartley gave duds 3 year deals. So NM is handicapped but he's been given a bit of backing. My belief is he's committed but has that 'out' at Sky. Not my preferred set-up.
    Failure wud be a prolonged serious relegation battle.

7 clubs cud well be involved this year but by prolonged I mean not being relatively safe by say end of February.

Success would be top 6 and a semi final and mibbe a couple of big scalps and a much better home record.

Em still a bit nervous about the spending and people seem to expect the yanks to keep throwing money at it.....another striker, another centre back......i wud rather do without than overspend.

Target one game at a time. Failure would be getting relegated. Beating Aberdeen, Hearts Hibs StJohnstone and the OF at Dens would be a major step forward IMO.

Feel free to pick me up on this further down the line.
    I'm thinking shorter term and want to win the lottery now.

It's a fight to survive this season, rookie manager, new players, not seeing anything other than a hopeful 9th.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)