+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are There Still 11,000 Dundee fans ?

Are There Still 11,000 Dundee fans ?

Well FFS back your team against the manks . . . . or just capitulate as usual.

Dens Park capacity is 11,850.

I would give Celtic fans 850 tickets only, maybe restricted to the enclosure.

With an 11,000 Dundee support on four sides you might have a chance.

What percentage is allocated to away fans at 60,832 Celtic Park ? 832 if you are lucky.

It's pay back time . . . and no spitting on stewards, intimidating officials, offensive banners or singing their
    IRA songs, letting off flares which discourage Dundee fans who just want to back their team without the grief.

Show Nelms that attracting 11,000 Dundee fans is still possible.

This is your Cup Final, don't let them rule Dens.

It's not our cup final. We need to beat them and win a semi final to have our cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by deetox View Post

What percentage is allocated to away fans at 60,832 Celtic Park ? 832 if you are lucky.

It's pay back time . . . and no spitting on stewards, intimidating officials, offensive banners or singing their
    IRA songs, letting off flares which discourage Dundee fans who just want to back their team without the grief.

just too much to hope for Deetox. It would be terrific if we could restrict them to the Shankly only. Disagree that this is our cup final. some team has to beat Celtic so why not us?

One of the things I miss now is when a larger than expected crowd turns up at a game.

You cud probably guess every clubs attendance to within 10% this Saturday coming and if the crowd is more or less than expected its usually down to a higher/lower away support.

All ticket games seem to have stopped the the unexpected large crowd with the attendance already known afore the game is even played.

1987 when 19k odd turned up at dens for midweek derby is probably the last very large unexpected crowd.

Wud have loved to have been at hibs game when 30 odd turned up.

Em assuming that wasn't ticket and em assuming that kind of attendance wasn't expected?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Em assuming that wasn't ticket and em assuming that kind of attendance wasn't expected?
    I was at that Wednesday night Cup replay with a Hibbie mate in a jam-packed Derry.

Jocky Scott and Thomson Allen were outstanding that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    One of the things I miss now is when a larger than expected crowd turns up at a game.

You cud probably guess every clubs attendance to within 10% this Saturday coming and if the crowd is more or less than expected its usually down to a higher/lower away support.

All ticket games seem to have stopped the the unexpected large crowd with the attendance already known afore the game is even played.

1987 when 19k odd turned up at dens for midweek derby is probably the last very large unexpected crowd.

No queuing up twice in those days

There is a lot more than 11,000 Dundee fans, the problem is there are only about 6000 Dundee supporters.
    I could rattle off the names of twenty people who used to attend dens, most are now lost to football.
    There are still Dundee fans, but out of that twenty, you might get a few going to a semi final, or a final (still hoping !)
    Also if any of them on the off chance fancied seeing the Dee's again, the present ticket arrangements would put them off.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    There is a lot more than 11,000 Dundee fans, the problem is there are only about 6000 Dundee supporters.
    I could rattle off the names of twenty people who used to attend dens, most are now lost to football.
    There are still Dundee fans, but out of that twenty, you might get a few going to a semi final, or a final (still hoping !)
    Also if any of them on the off chance fancied seeing the Dee's again, the present ticket arrangements would put them off.
    Excellent summary. Nothing changes.

The fans are still there.
    The team are doing their best against all odds.
    There is a lack of transparency with the owners.
    The ticket arrangements and prices are farcical.
    The match-day experience is rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    You're saying that some of these lost fans might go to a semi or a final and I'll assume they'd also look at going to a big game like the recent derbies for example. You then say ticketing arrangements would put them off going but these games would be all ticket anyway so I can't see what the ticketing issue is, they'd need to get a ticket in advance same as everyone else.

I've said before that the whole entry 'inconvenience' is an excuse used by people that are just looking for one. You can walk up to Dens and buy a ticket for The Coxy without having to deviate your journey, same with Main Stand. You might have a slight detour if you want one for The Derry, but if you're that concerned about the extra walk you just go into Coxy or Main - same price.

You might need to queue for five minutes to get the ticket but once you have it the queue to get in is usually less than a minute - much less if you're smart enough to notice the queues in the Coxy are always shorter at the further away turnstiles. Rarely queues at the Main Stand turnstiles.

I was at that Wednesday night Cup replay with a Hibbie mate in a jam-packed Derry.

Jocky Scott and Thomson Allen were outstanding that night.
    It was a Monday night at the beginning of of March 74
    Game was delayed by 45 minutes because of the crowd size

3 zip the Dee at Half time shooting towards the TCK end
    The team was split up soon after which was a shame because that was the last really good Dundee side

Bob is correct Jocky was verging on world class that night

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)