Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
Anyone remember the old "Atomic Clock" - at least I think that's what it was called? It was "invented" by agroup of scientists I think and was an attempt to measure how close the World was getting to a full scale nuclear war. I think at the time of the Cuban missile crisis it got to 3 minutes to 12 O'clock (12 O'clock being zero hour, as it were).

I'm hoping that Trump is a mainly bag of wind, but I think he could be provoked by Kim Jong Ill (who I think is a Grade A nutcase), so I'm suggesting that the Atomic Clock is at 5 to 12.

On a separate note, as soon as I heard that Trump had been elected I tried to put a bet on with Bet365 that he wouldn't last the term / he would be assignated.
I remember the version of the Doomsday Clock on Watchmen. Great graphic novel.

I don't think either side will strike, regardless of its escalation. North Korea knows that if it utilizes a nuclear weapon, it's existence as a nation state is forfeited. Even if they struck a military base, we have so many and our military is so vast, it's almost beyond comprehension. But they also still exist because they have a nuclear weapon. If they didn't, the US intelligence would just foment a coup and take over the country like we did so often in Latin America and the Middle East.

I don't think anything will come of the exchange between the two leaders. It's just two people with massive egos getting their tiny dicks out and comparing them to see who is the king of the numptyheads. Though if I'm wrong, alot of people are in trouble. Better safe than sorry I suppose.