+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dunne red card appeal

Dunne red card appeal

We've appealed the red card so he'll be eligible for the St Johnstone game.

From the SFA site

Player: Charles Dunne, Motherwell FC has lodged a Notice of Player Reference against his dismissal.

Match: Ross County FC vs Motherwell FC on Wednesday 9th August 2017.
    Competition: Scottish League Cup
    Offence: A4 offence of denying a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity.
    Fast Track Tribunal Hearing: Thursday 17th August 2017.

To follow up on the post above, I reckon we'll appeal against Dunne's red card in Perth and decisions will be made on both of his cases on Thursday. Prediction...lose the first, win the second.

I would be surprised if we appeal the Carson red card.

I agree that we'll appeal the Dunne red card but I also think we'll appeal the Carson one as well. Latest video footage showed that he probably picked the ball up marginally, and by by that I mean 3-4 inches, outside of the box. However thats only a yellow card. I don't consider him to have denied the St Johnstone attacker a clear goalscoring opportunity, which is why he was shown a red card. Carson was between the attacker and the goal, Kipre was in close attendance and the attacker was running away from goal.

IMO and only my opinion think Dunne will have Saturday's red card overturned,think Carson's card will stand even though he touches the ball marginally outside the box. McHugh is two bootable offences so has to go but having said that you saw what Anthony Stokes got away with on Saturday and still remained on the park.We are just going to have to learn not to just dive into a tackle as suspensions could/will be crucial throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    IMO and only my opinion think Dunne will have Saturday's red card overturned,think Carson's card will stand even though he touches the ball marginally outside the box. McHugh is two bootable offences so has to go but having said that you saw what Anthony Stokes got away with on Saturday and still remained on the park.We are just going to have to learn not to just dive into a tackle as suspensions could/will be crucial throughout the season.
    Dunne should certainly win the McDiarmid appeal - there was no contact. We're not as street-wise as players in other teams whose tackles are often nearly-but-not-quite fouls, and they get away with most of them.
    Obviously I only saw it on TV, but the Stokes let-off left me speechless. He grabbed a Rangers player round the neck. He stays on the pitch, while we lose a 'keeper who didn't deny a goal-scoring opportunity and a defender who didn't trip anyone up. There's something wrong there.
    Again, Moult was the target of two flying lunges on Saturday shortly after he came on. They missed, but so did our guy last season at Fir Park with a similar kind of tackle; he got sent off.
    I still think we're better than we were last season, but some points soon are required.

Defo appeal Dunnes. Carson was a yellow and no argument about McHugh

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)