shopify analytics
+ Visit Leeds United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: Leeds United - v - Preston North End ***Matchday Thread*** CLIVE!!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    3,808

    Leeds United - v - Preston North End ***Matchday Thread*** CLIVE!!!!!!!



    Now Clive, I'm posting thread now. However, as folk generally don't start commenting until 2pm, this thread will drop down the list. See? Tell me I down have to start bumping it up for ya??


    Leeds United welcome back defender Pontus Jansson after he missed the opening two games through suspension.

    Full-back Gaetano Berardi (shoulder) is out while Samu Saiz will hope to retain his place after scoring a hat-trick in the EFL Cup win over Port Vale.

    New signing Josh Harrop could make the Preston squad for the first time since joining from Manchester United.

    Harrop has been made to wait to make his debut after picking up a calf injury in pre-season.

    SAM's prediction
    Home win - 48% Draw - 27% Away win - 25%
    SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by @ProfIanMcHale that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.

    Match facts

    Leeds have won four of their last five league games against Preston (D1), including both matches last season; they've never won three successive league contests against Preston.

    The Lilywhites have only won on one of their last eight league visits to Elland Road (D2 L5), coming from 4-1 down to beat Leeds in a 6-4 thriller in September 2010.

    Kalvin Phillips (2) scored as many league goals versus Bolton last Sunday as he had in his previous 45 league apps for Leeds United.

    Preston, who won on opening weekend versus Sheffield Wednesday, haven't won their opening two league games of a league season since 2008-09.

    Preston have kept just two clean sheets in their last 10 Championship matches, however the most recent of those came in their season opener against Sheffield Wednesday (1-0).

    Only Tom Cairney (8) has provided more assists in the Championship in 2017 than Leeds' Pablo Hernandez (7).


    3 - 0 to the Leeds.

    MOT.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post


    Now Clive, I'm posting thread now. However, as folk generally don't start commenting until 2pm, this thread will drop down the list. See? Tell me I down have to start bumping it up for ya??


    Leeds United welcome back defender Pontus Jansson after he missed the opening two games through suspension.

    Full-back Gaetano Berardi (shoulder) is out while Samu Saiz will hope to retain his place after scoring a hat-trick in the EFL Cup win over Port Vale.

    New signing Josh Harrop could make the Preston squad for the first time since joining from Manchester United.

    Harrop has been made to wait to make his debut after picking up a calf injury in pre-season.

    SAM's prediction
    Home win - 48% Draw - 27% Away win - 25%
    SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by @ProfIanMcHale that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.

    Match facts

    Leeds have won four of their last five league games against Preston (D1), including both matches last season; they've never won three successive league contests against Preston.

    The Lilywhites have only won on one of their last eight league visits to Elland Road (D2 L5), coming from 4-1 down to beat Leeds in a 6-4 thriller in September 2010.

    Kalvin Phillips (2) scored as many league goals versus Bolton last Sunday as he had in his previous 45 league apps for Leeds United.

    Preston, who won on opening weekend versus Sheffield Wednesday, haven't won their opening two league games of a league season since 2008-09.

    Preston have kept just two clean sheets in their last 10 Championship matches, however the most recent of those came in their season opener against Sheffield Wednesday (1-0).

    Only Tom Cairney (8) has provided more assists in the Championship in 2017 than Leeds' Pablo Hernandez (7).


    3 - 0 to the Leeds.

    MOT.
    With Preston coming to town, previous friendly jibes from Thor sprang to mind. 🤐 Does anyone know what became of him?

  3. #3
    Wheres Clive´s matchday thread? im lost....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    3,808
    Port Vale 🤣

  5. #5
    Noted and logged folks

    2-1 to Leeds here, no Grayson Beckford snodin or thompson so I think this game becomes just another game for Leeds now

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    With Preston coming to town, previous friendly jibes from Thor sprang to mind. �� Does anyone know what became of him?
    Not sure about Thor, he just disappeared - he was quite good for the banter and certainly like to wind people up by posting on other teams sites. I used to see him occasionally in Preston but not for a while.


    As for the game , I have just been out with some K-ender fans and they are resigned to losing, I hope they are right

  7. #7
    Come on Leeds
    3 points please
    MOT
    😆

  8. #8
    looking forward today, first game i can listen too due to work commitments. Just hope LUTV works, ive seen a few complaints from the first matches,theres a dedicated "foreigners version" for us expats now, feel sure it wont work! Is it in Spanish by the way?

  9. #9
    Just about to set off,Really excited near on full house full of optimism, Still lots of work to do for TC to work out his best team will take a while,We have strength in depth for the first time in ages,Hope they all click,

    Think we would have beaten Bolton more comfortable than we did if we dint have our back four disrupted,

    However your watching, Listening this afternoon enjoy....MOT

  10. #10
    anyone got any working commentary yet?

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CromerWhite View Post
    BBC Radio Leeds should I say.

  13. #13
    Cheers Cromer!
    think ill cancel LUTV, waste o chuffin money.

  14. #14
    Same as last week , great going foward still nervy at the back
    Come on Leeds
    MOT

  15. #15
    nowt in it so far, think we need an injection of pace second half though, time for Wonderboy methinks..

  16. #16
    Bit quiet here folks. Perhaps our goalscoring hopes have been a bit exaggerated.

  17. #17
    First home game and it looks like they are up for it.

    Still think we will win it 2-0

  18. #18
    And i believe our resident Bumley stalker Alf has had to have an emergency drop of tissues parachuted in at half time.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    And i believe our resident Bumley stalker Alf has had to have an emergency drop of tissues parachuted in at half time.
    We'll never hear the last of it from him if that score line stays that way.

  20. #20
    Saiz and viera for Hernadez and Okane , we need to get into this
    Come on Leeds
    MOT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •