shopify analytics
+ Visit Leeds United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 16 Mill bid for Wood

16 Mill bid for Wood

So Burnley apparently bid 12 million rejected, Then another prem club come with a 16 million bid,

WTF is it coming to.

Be interesting to see how, or even if, he plays tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Be interesting to see how, or even if, he plays tomorrow.
    Yep if he doesnt play then hes off, But 16 mill for wood jesus snap hands off springs to mind,

Now dont get me wrong im a big fan of wood always have been even when most on here slagged him off, And i think the way we seem to want to play in these early games it suits him and he will get **** load of goals again,

So question is do we sell and if we do is it too late to replace.

Tough one. This time last year we'd av cut our loss's and taken 2 mil. Now it cud be 20 mil. But if we keep him and he scores enough to get us promoted, then it turns into 200 mil.
    The big question though, is his form going to continue this year.

He ain't leaving to go to Burnley, my mate who's a Burnley fan laughed when he knew they bidder 12, he ain't going for less than 20, although Burnley signed walters from stoke they've sold gray to Watford for about 15m I think

Its a No from me for sure.

Are we going to be able to replace a 30 goal a season striker for 16 mill, I very much doubt it. ( I know Woods has only achieved this once but still) Season has started and I feel the squad has been built a round him, to late for such a significant change.

Opposition teams fear him now.

Think we should only be tempted if a ridiculous amount of money was offered , ie £25 mill plus

Prices are irrelevant now, it's all about how important that player is to the team, and without wood we may struggle for goals, he therefore can't leave

I agree with Pete on this one, i think everyone knows i was his biggest advocate on here last season,but...
    15-20M is proper wedge, that would pay for all the summer activity, keeping the club on a sound financial footing, and you would have to say the squad looks better now than it has for a number of years, so all good IMO.
    Going to stick my neck out though and say hes going nowhere, it would seem a bit daft to loan out Antonsson, the day before we offload Wood, no? [unless theres a marquee striker coming in, but i doubt that!]

"So question is do we sell and if we do is it too late to replace"

That's the big one for me; never really been a great Wood fan so I'd let him go but clubs would have us over a barrel if we did that now with the end of the transfer window only a couple of weeks away.

Just say No
    We are Leeds - stay, get us promoted and we will be bigger again,than these Mickey Mouse clubs
    Burnley Brighton etc
    MOT

If he wants to go to the PL now it doesn't really matter what we or the club want. If his heads been turned get rid it'll be Charlie boy all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by españablanco73 View Post
    I agree with Pete on this one, i think everyone knows i was his biggest advocate on here last season,but...
    15-20M is proper wedge, that would pay for all the summer activity, keeping the club on a sound financial footing, and you would have to say the squad looks better now than it has for a number of years, so all good IMO.
    Going to stick my neck out though and say hes going nowhere, it would seem a bit daft to loan out Antonsson, the day before we offload Wood, no? [unless theres a marquee striker coming in, but i doubt that!]
    Summer transfers are paid for, there is no reason to sell Wood unless the club simply want the cash. There is no time nor suitable candidate available at a price the club is likely to be able to pay. All comers should be told to do one, end of.

It's down to Wood. If he wants to go then it's a case of getting the best price.
    Hopefully, he sees potential for Leeds this season, so he may give us until the January window.
    Money talks though, so i fear the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Summer transfers are paid for, there is no reason to sell Wood unless the club simply want the cash. There is no time nor suitable candidate available at a price the club is likely to be able to pay. All comers should be told to do one, end of.
    Agree 100%

We where found out last season because we only played one way - and teams put two center halves on Wood - stop him and you stopped us.
    This season I think we will play a different way and if they put two on Wood others will take advantage.
    Don't sell him at any price this window

Anyone hear that we have just turned down 20mil ??

Someone needs slapped!

Surprised if we've rejected 20m, any source confirming this?

Turned down 20 million quid

Temptation..Temptation..Teeeeemmmmmmmpppppptttttta aaaaaaatttttttiiiiiioooooooonnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ColombianWhite View Post
    Just say No
    We are Leeds - stay, get us promoted and we will be bigger again,than these Mickey Mouse clubs
    Burnley Brighton etc
    MOT
    Totaly agree with you keeping him !

imagine Bates turning down 20M!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast