+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 16 Mill bid for Wood

So who are we going to buy to replace him - even with the 20 million?

Can't sell now - no decent alternative out there that would cost less - given everyone would know we just banked that much.

He will come good for us again this season - took a while to get going last year if I remember correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by espaņablanco73 View Post
    imagine Bates turning down 20M!
    Bates wouldn't have turned down 2M!

Think you have to take 20 million. He's a very good player but that amounts a decent squad in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Think you have to take 20 million. He's a very good player but that amounts a decent squad in the championship.
    But who replaces him? And.....even if a suitable replacement exists, how much? And......how long before they become productive? And......can we afford the luxury of such time for a replacement to start doing their job?

If the answers aren't easy ( and I suspect they arent), then forgo the money, get in with playing.

Ekuban antonsson roofe saiz and doukara have all played as a striker in their career but between them all this season they won't score 30 goals, wood alone has done before now. A PROVEN GOALSCORER would have to be lined up immediately, and I believe 20m would be enough to replace wood

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Ekuban antonsson roofe saiz and doukara have all played as a striker in their career but between them all this season they won't score 30 goals, wood alone has done before now. A PROVEN GOALSCORER would have to be lined up immediately, and I believe 20m would be enough to replace wood
    And the point of replacing a player who has proven his credentials with one who might, with no financial gain?

Leave well alone. We have enough issues putting the ball in the net without introducing another unknown factor.

Wtf I'm not saying sell him, I'm saying IF a PROVEN GOALSCORER is available, then selling wood for no less than 20m is doable

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And the point of replacing a player who has proven his credentials with one who might, with no financial gain?

Leave well alone. We have enough issues putting the ball in the net without introducing another unknown factor.
    Well there you go, just this once WTF11 and I are 100% agreed!

Tichi read my reply, then you and wtf will both stop misunderstanding my original post about it

I'm 50/50 on this one, if we sell him and can replace him with a proven striker then perhaps we can move away from just the one up front and open up more tactics and more plans.

I like Wood and his workrate but again are we just going with the same formation all season as the last one? I believe we need to step away from the 1-4-2-3-1 formation sometimes, not just change the plan during the last 15-20 minutes of the match but maybe start with a different line up to shake things up a bit and keep the opposition on their toes.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)