+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 16 Mill bid for Wood

16 Mill bid for Wood

So Burnley apparently bid 12 million rejected, Then another prem club come with a 16 million bid,

WTF is it coming to.

Be interesting to see how, or even if, he plays tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Be interesting to see how, or even if, he plays tomorrow.
    Yep if he doesnt play then hes off, But 16 mill for wood jesus snap hands off springs to mind,

Now dont get me wrong im a big fan of wood always have been even when most on here slagged him off, And i think the way we seem to want to play in these early games it suits him and he will get **** load of goals again,

So question is do we sell and if we do is it too late to replace.

Tough one. This time last year we'd av cut our loss's and taken 2 mil. Now it cud be 20 mil. But if we keep him and he scores enough to get us promoted, then it turns into 200 mil.
    The big question though, is his form going to continue this year.

He ain't leaving to go to Burnley, my mate who's a Burnley fan laughed when he knew they bidder 12, he ain't going for less than 20, although Burnley signed walters from stoke they've sold gray to Watford for about 15m I think

Its a No from me for sure.

Are we going to be able to replace a 30 goal a season striker for 16 mill, I very much doubt it. ( I know Woods has only achieved this once but still) Season has started and I feel the squad has been built a round him, to late for such a significant change.

Opposition teams fear him now.

Think we should only be tempted if a ridiculous amount of money was offered , ie £25 mill plus

Prices are irrelevant now, it's all about how important that player is to the team, and without wood we may struggle for goals, he therefore can't leave

I agree with Pete on this one, i think everyone knows i was his biggest advocate on here last season,but...
    15-20M is proper wedge, that would pay for all the summer activity, keeping the club on a sound financial footing, and you would have to say the squad looks better now than it has for a number of years, so all good IMO.
    Going to stick my neck out though and say hes going nowhere, it would seem a bit daft to loan out Antonsson, the day before we offload Wood, no? [unless theres a marquee striker coming in, but i doubt that!]

"So question is do we sell and if we do is it too late to replace"

That's the big one for me; never really been a great Wood fan so I'd let him go but clubs would have us over a barrel if we did that now with the end of the transfer window only a couple of weeks away.

Just say No
    We are Leeds - stay, get us promoted and we will be bigger again,than these Mickey Mouse clubs
    Burnley Brighton etc
    MOT

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)