+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 16 Mill bid for Wood

If he wants to go to the PL now it doesn't really matter what we or the club want. If his heads been turned get rid it'll be Charlie boy all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by espaņablanco73 View Post
    I agree with Pete on this one, i think everyone knows i was his biggest advocate on here last season,but...
    15-20M is proper wedge, that would pay for all the summer activity, keeping the club on a sound financial footing, and you would have to say the squad looks better now than it has for a number of years, so all good IMO.
    Going to stick my neck out though and say hes going nowhere, it would seem a bit daft to loan out Antonsson, the day before we offload Wood, no? [unless theres a marquee striker coming in, but i doubt that!]
    Summer transfers are paid for, there is no reason to sell Wood unless the club simply want the cash. There is no time nor suitable candidate available at a price the club is likely to be able to pay. All comers should be told to do one, end of.

It's down to Wood. If he wants to go then it's a case of getting the best price.
    Hopefully, he sees potential for Leeds this season, so he may give us until the January window.
    Money talks though, so i fear the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Summer transfers are paid for, there is no reason to sell Wood unless the club simply want the cash. There is no time nor suitable candidate available at a price the club is likely to be able to pay. All comers should be told to do one, end of.
    Agree 100%

We where found out last season because we only played one way - and teams put two center halves on Wood - stop him and you stopped us.
    This season I think we will play a different way and if they put two on Wood others will take advantage.
    Don't sell him at any price this window

Anyone hear that we have just turned down 20mil ??

Someone needs slapped!

Surprised if we've rejected 20m, any source confirming this?

Turned down 20 million quid

Temptation..Temptation..Teeeeemmmmmmmpppppptttttta aaaaaaatttttttiiiiiioooooooonnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ColombianWhite View Post
    Just say No
    We are Leeds - stay, get us promoted and we will be bigger again,than these Mickey Mouse clubs
    Burnley Brighton etc
    MOT
    Totaly agree with you keeping him !

imagine Bates turning down 20M!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)