+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: 16 Mill bid for Wood

[QUOTE=Ozwhites;38628416]Ah yes...the Lintongate saga. Had everyone 2nd guessing what the hell was happening!...lol. And poor old Barney. He certainly took offence when his opinion was challenged. And don't hear from Donnywhites anymore either...[/QUOTE

Jesus Oz, Linton White, I'd almost forgotten about that psycho, she (it, who?). Who was it that fell in love with her, Pat or Barney, Pat I think? God rest both of their souls :/
    She had us ALL sucked in for sure with her Walter Mitty world. I've no idea if she actually died or not or was that fiction too? She used to message me on Facebook too!
    I'm embarrassed to say Mrs O reminded me of her at first
    Those were great times on here for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    What, who? I know DWG, the rest.....?
    Linton White was a poster living in a dream world of lies and deceit. She was gorgeous, had Ferrari's and a huge pad whilst she (apparently) lived the life of luxury. When she got caught out and it hit the fan things got a tad naughty and (correct me if I'm wrong folks) she (no real idea who it was) died also?

I mentioned Pat in another thread (see Pats corner) and Barney was a really nice guy who'd take things personally and spit his dummy out regularly before sloping back at a later time, everybody really liked the guy. Both died within a short time of each other.

Then there was Skippy (sad cnut) any all his pseudonyms, I used to laugh my nads off at that sad acts drivel and drug induced bowlocks lol

Quote Originally Posted by gupt13 View Post
    Linton White was a poster living in a dream world of lies and deceit. She was gorgeous, had Ferrari's and a huge pad whilst she (apparently) lived the life of luxury. When she got caught out and it hit the fan things got a tad naughty and (correct me if I'm wrong folks) she (no real idea who it was) died also?

I mentioned Pat in another thread (see Pats corner) and Barney was a really nice guy who'd take things personally and spit his dummy out regularly before sloping back at a later time, everybody really liked the guy. Both died within a short time of each other.

Then there was Skippy (sad cnut) any all his pseudonyms, I used to laugh my nads off at that sad acts drivel and drug induced bowlocks lol
    So nobody like me then (I feel slightly inadequate now!).

What ever happened to smileybadge? I remember him before we moved over to Luisa that mikelufc started after this board went to pieces.
    And is Fen still about, seen a couple of posts from him a season or two ago but nothing since.

Think a few could be on chat fred.

His name is Wood, not Woods.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    I know it's very early days and, as the saying goes, one swallow does not a summer make, however .......

Before the Sunderland game I was mildly concerned about Woods' departure. Having watched the way we played yesterday with much more imagination, flair and displaying different options I am much more sanguine (even optimistic) about the future. There's no denying Woods had a great season and was instrumental in our achievement of a 'nearly' top 6 finish but the problem is we had become extremely one dimensional and therefore predictable. If things didn't go well (and that generally meant in games that Woods didn't score) then we didn't really have a 'Plan B'. I think that this season teams would have worked us out and been able to either swamp Woods with markers, isolate him or cut off the supply. We would have struggled to even match our results of last year but now this enforced change could work in our favour. For the first time in at least 3 seasons our new creative / attacking signings actually look like quality players who will make us better. Hopefully, it will mean that we don't have to play Sacko EVER again! If we can also use the £15M wisely to buy 1 or 2 new players (avoiding the inflated prices that will come with us having some money for a change) then this could further enhance a team that has clear potential to both play better football and achieve better results. I wish Woods well and am grateful for what he achieved with and for us but no player is ever bigger than the Club.

MoT

Quote Originally Posted by Quicknick View Post
    His name could be McGillicuddy for all I care as he's no longer Leeds

He doesn't matter anymore, our current players staff board and fans matter, WE ARE LEEDS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quicknick View Post
    I know. I was obviously overcome with emotion or maybe that the first use was possessive thereby correctly having an 's' so, having used that, I evidently carried on with incorrect usage for the remainder? Naturally, I feel frustrated and annoyed with myself and will go forthwith to check my academic certificates to ensure that I am suitably qualified to continue posting in this forum (or, if I also used the other board as well then maybe fora? no wait, the correct plural of forum is, in fact, forums; but I'm sure you knew that).

Thank you so very much for clarify the situation and for correcting my inexcusable error.
    Last edited by UbiqueLUFC33; 21-08-2017 at 07:44 AM.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)