+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: 16 Mill bid for Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    You see, you just can't help yourself, can you?

Lets not f@rt about here..how many times over the last few seasons have we sold our better players for what ever reason and not replaced em with the similar quality?

Its hardly a surprise some of us have concerns but the performance we put on yesterday should ease our concerns some what..even tho I feared the worst with the CW situation.

Best case scenario we get top 2..next best scenario top 6..worst case scenario mid table..that is how I see it now.

Better than we have had for years..get ready to ride the roller-coaster boys and girls and WTF

MOT ALAW
    I'm not a boy or a girl? How very dare you!

always thought you mightve been one of these "gender fluid" types WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You see, you just can't help yourself, can you?
    Thought I was showing some compassion to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by espaņablanco73 View Post
    always thought you mightve been one of these "gender fluid" types WTF.
    How very dare you too! (And why would you think that? Cheeky!)

Yeah, I need that!

its in the way you flounce

sorry! was in reply to WTFs gender issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspaven View Post
    Good to see a few old faces on this thread,... Ref, Gupt, all you other cnuts!!

Yeah, same as you Gupt, I look most days but I don't post much now as there's a lot of bickering going on in a different way to when Pat et al were around, the Linton days: seems to be a lot less posters in general so the arguments are smaller cliques. God bless Barney, wherever he may be, he was always good value for a blowout and a flounce before a glorious return and apology!

Each to their own, but I've said it before many times that I didn't rate Wood, and it was mentioned on this thread that he may well have just had one cracking season: I honestly believe that we've pulled off a coup on this one! The man was undeniably good in the air and pretty good at linking up, but, as mentioned, unless the whole focus was on getting the ball to him as a spearhead of the team and giving him several chances in the process, he didn't seem to be particularly clinical or, well, good! Have a look at the 30 goals and taking away the headers and penalties, how many weren't shinners, miskicks and scuffs? Only a handful were something akin to a decent striker's bread & butter. He made the team play a certain way with no plan b which hurt us in the long run, imho. If you're happy to play with that single perspective, then that's great, but every one of us was worried he'd pick up an injury for that sole reason, and that's not healthy for a team.

I only caught the game from just before our first goal, but watching yesterday, we were fluid, expansive, creative and boy did we close down like a muthaf*cker!! It looks like Christiansen brought that 6 second rule from his time at Barca, and it showed. It was fantastic viewing and reminded me what it's like when one's team is in full flow. Me and the fans in the pub were so pumped watching it and for the first time in years I didn't think 'oh, one up,... god, they're gonna score!'. I was expecting us to push on,... and we did... against a team just down from the Prem!

Barring injuries and once we've got into a groove, I genuinely think this season is gonna show a more complete team with the ability to change and adapt.

Bring it on, MOT!!!
    Ah yes...the Lintongate saga. Had everyone 2nd guessing what the hell was happening!...lol. And poor old Barney. He certainly took offence when his opinion was challenged. And don't hear from Donnywhites anymore either...

Quote Originally Posted by espaņablanco73 View Post
    its in the way you flounce

sorry! was in reply to WTFs gender issues!
    I have NO gender issues, cheeky!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Ah yes...the Lintongate saga. Had everyone 2nd guessing what the hell was happening!...lol. And poor old Barney. He certainly took offence when his opinion was challenged. And don't hear from Donnywhites anymore either...
    What, who? I know DWG, the rest.....?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)