+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 16 Mill bid for Wood

Quote Originally Posted by gupt13 View Post
    Each to their own pal, we all have an opinion and a right to voice that opinion I guess. It's a real shame that so many knowledgeable, intelligent and ardent posters have given up adding their two penneth in recent years. I see you and George K sticking your oars in occasionally along with Black Spaven amongst others and it's good to see.
    I see Refs posts on FB occasionally and know what he's been through so utter respect there from me.
    Yes Ref, I've had a good few breaks in recent times, 53 flights last 12 months lol.
    As for today (probably against Fulhsm too) I've seen real progress in relation to the players and the managers talent beginning to shine, he's got real pedigree and I think those that disagree with that don't know what they're talking about! The BOD will be vindicated, of that I'm sure.
    There's been real quality added to the key managerial and scouting areas. The utter rubbish I've read about "jobs for the boys" and narcissistic practices has had me both fuming and chuckling in recent weeks. Who the f*** did we think the owner would employ, complete strangers (it's an incestuous business in any event) or people he knows/trusts/had recommended? It's absolutely reasonable that they use and trust their contacts who (due to their nationality and nationalities of their contacts) predictably recommend those players they're familiar with from the leagues they're familiar with, it is their area of expertise after all! Hence the legion of foreign imports. I get the whole "the championship is the hardest this, the hardest that" etc but the cream ALWAYS rises to the top and these guys aren't buying rubbish or spending small amounts on tack. In no way can the current foreign players be compared to previous years where bargain basement was chanced upon with the odd gem uncovered. It's different now and these guys are top notch choosing quality they know about in leagues/areas they know about that are under the radar and out of reach of your average scouting teams in the UK. We're building something very special at this moment in time. I like to see local talent and home grown players in my team, we all do, but I also want to win and see us back with the big boys asap. I'm so excited to see how the u23's and the youth set up progresses this year. We could see something very special happen there.
    I'm certain our new owner, his new management team and far reaching vision will silence the perennial negativity and moaning by some that has infected this board for too long.
    Sticking my head out to get shot at seeing as Wood is history but I feel very positive about this season and I'm sure we'll be there or there abouts come May.
    Regardless of whether some share your optimism, I'm sure they'd take your prognosis! 🤗 MOT...

cracking post Gupt, agree with most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by t_bird7982 View Post
    "Hi Gupt, hope you had a good holiday! Yes mate, beat cancer and back fit and refereeing at a decent level again. I stayed away because there were a few thrushes (irritating c??ts) on the board and I have no time for their drivel!
    Thought we played well tonight, Alioski and Saiz look a formidable partnership and with the core of Jannson, Ayling, Phillips and captain Cooper to steady the ship, I'm optimistic that we can win more games than we lose. Injuries are going to play a big part in our season!"

Good to see you back mate (as well as other posters) and, just like you, I hardly post these days because of one particular poster who thinks he's the most knowledgeable on all matters known to mankind......
    I suspect the less than subtle dig in T-birds post and the reference to thrushes is aimed in my direction?

Strange isn't it, little old me, posting "drivel" and being too opinionated for some, has driven all you big roughty roughty guys away, just by typing a few words and expressing an opinion. I mean, how much of a girl do you have to be for that to happen?

If you don't like what I post, ignore it, I'm
    hardly hiding away am I? If you reply, why?

But all of you blaming one poster for your lack of motivation to post I just a bit sad, don't you think?😥

I know it's very early days and, as the saying goes, one swallow does not a summer make, however .......

Before the Sunderland game I was mildly concerned about Woods' departure. Having watched the way we played yesterday with much more imagination, flair and displaying different options I am much more sanguine (even optimistic) about the future. There's no denying Woods had a great season and was instrumental in our achievement of a 'nearly' top 6 finish but the problem is we had become extremely one dimensional and therefore predictable. If things didn't go well (and that generally meant in games that Woods didn't score) then we didn't really have a 'Plan B'. I think that this season teams would have worked us out and been able to either swamp Woods with markers, isolate him or cut off the supply. We would have struggled to even match our results of last year but now this enforced change could work in our favour. For the first time in at least 3 seasons our new creative / attacking signings actually look like quality players who will make us better. Hopefully, it will mean that we don't have to play Sacko EVER again! If we can also use the £15M wisely to buy 1 or 2 new players (avoiding the inflated prices that will come with us having some money for a change) then this could further enhance a team that has clear potential to both play better football and achieve better results. I wish Woods well and am grateful for what he achieved with and for us but no player is ever bigger than the Club.

MoT

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I suspect the less than subtle dig in T-birds post and the reference to thrushes is aimed in my direction?

Strange isn't it, little old me, posting "drivel" and being too opinionated for some, has driven all you big roughty roughty guys away, just by typing a few words and expressing an opinion. I mean, how much of a girl do you have to be for that to happen?

If you don't like what I post, ignore it, I'm
    hardly hiding away am I? If you reply, why?

But all of you blaming one poster for your lack of motivation to post I just a bit sad, don't you think?😥

Name:  211_kleenex.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  9.0 KB

Lets not f@rt about here..how many times over the last few seasons have we sold our better players for what ever reason and not replaced em with the similar quality?

Its hardly a surprise some of us have concerns but the performance we put on yesterday should ease our concerns some what..even tho I feared the worst with the CW situation.

Best case scenario we get top 2..next best scenario top 6..worst case scenario mid table..that is how I see it now.

Better than we have had for years..get ready to ride the roller-coaster boys and girls and WTF

MOT ALAW
    Last edited by Rev72; 20-08-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by referee69 View Post
    Hi Gupt, hope you had a good holiday! Yes mate, beat cancer and back fit and refereeing at a decent level again. I stayed away because there were a few thrushes (irritating c??ts) on the board and I have no time for their drivel!
    Thought we played well tonight, Alioski and Saiz look a formidable partnership and with the core of Jannson, Ayling, Phillips and captain Cooper to steady the ship, I'm optimistic that we can win more games than we lose. Injuries are going to play a big part in our season!
    Well done pal..always good to hear that evil disease has lost again.

Good to see a few old faces on this thread,... Ref, Gupt, all you other cnuts!!

Yeah, same as you Gupt, I look most days but I don't post much now as there's a lot of bickering going on in a different way to when Pat et al were around, the Linton days: seems to be a lot less posters in general so the arguments are smaller cliques. God bless Barney, wherever he may be, he was always good value for a blowout and a flounce before a glorious return and apology!

Each to their own, but I've said it before many times that I didn't rate Wood, and it was mentioned on this thread that he may well have just had one cracking season: I honestly believe that we've pulled off a coup on this one! The man was undeniably good in the air and pretty good at linking up, but, as mentioned, unless the whole focus was on getting the ball to him as a spearhead of the team and giving him several chances in the process, he didn't seem to be particularly clinical or, well, good! Have a look at the 30 goals and taking away the headers and penalties, how many weren't shinners, miskicks and scuffs? Only a handful were something akin to a decent striker's bread & butter. He made the team play a certain way with no plan b which hurt us in the long run, imho. If you're happy to play with that single perspective, then that's great, but every one of us was worried he'd pick up an injury for that sole reason, and that's not healthy for a team.

I only caught the game from just before our first goal, but watching yesterday, we were fluid, expansive, creative and boy did we close down like a muthaf*cker!! It looks like Christiansen brought that 6 second rule from his time at Barca, and it showed. It was fantastic viewing and reminded me what it's like when one's team is in full flow. Me and the fans in the pub were so pumped watching it and for the first time in years I didn't think 'oh, one up,... god, they're gonna score!'. I was expecting us to push on,... and we did... against a team just down from the Prem!

Barring injuries and once we've got into a groove, I genuinely think this season is gonna show a more complete team with the ability to change and adapt.

Bring it on, MOT!!!

13 British/Irish players available in our squad, 10 foreigners available in our squad, I'd say it's fairly well balanced!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspaven View Post
    Good to see a few old faces on this thread,... Ref, Gupt, all you other cnuts!!

Yeah, same as you Gupt, I look most days but I don't post much now as there's a lot of bickering going on in a different way to when Pat et al were around, the Linton days: seems to be a lot less posters in general so the arguments are smaller cliques. God bless Barney, wherever he may be, he was always good value for a blowout and a flounce before a glorious return and apology!

Each to their own, but I've said it before many times that I didn't rate Wood, and it was mentioned on this thread that he may well have just had one cracking season: I honestly believe that we've pulled off a coup on this one! The man was undeniably good in the air and pretty good at linking up, but, as mentioned, unless the whole focus was on getting the ball to him as a spearhead of the team and giving him several chances in the process, he didn't seem to be particularly clinical or, well, good! Have a look at the 30 goals and taking away the headers and penalties, how many weren't shinners, miskicks and scuffs? Only a handful were something akin to a decent striker's bread & butter. He made the team play a certain way with no plan b which hurt us in the long run, imho. If you're happy to play with that single perspective, then that's great, but every one of us was worried he'd pick up an injury for that sole reason, and that's not healthy for a team.

I only caught the game from just before our first goal, but watching yesterday, we were fluid, expansive, creative and boy did we close down like a muthaf*cker!! It looks like Christiansen brought that 6 second rule from his time at Barca, and it showed. It was fantastic viewing and reminded me what it's like when one's team is in full flow. Me and the fans in the pub were so pumped watching it and for the first time in years I didn't think 'oh, one up,... god, they're gonna score!'. I was expecting us to push on,... and we did... against a team just down from the Prem!

Barring injuries and once we've got into a groove, I genuinely think this season is gonna show a more complete team with the ability to change and adapt.

Bring it on, MOT!!!
    Now the Blackspaven, good post that and highlighted the one thing I forgot to mention, the horrible prospect of an injury to Wood and us being left high and dry without quality backup.

We don't have that issue now and with one or two additions we'll be bang on

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)