+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Derby v Wolves Matchday Thread

If the Middlesbrough and Derby league games are pointer for how Wolves are going to do this season, then i think we are all in for some exciting football and exciting times.

I spoke to Eve and ADP just after the final whistle and we all agreed the football was so good to see, arguably as good as anything that we have seen in a long time and then some. I'm not one for getting too carried away, after all it's only the second league game of the season.

What i will say is, Wolves are well organised, each and every player fits into the side and gives his all. Long gone is the long punt down field, Wolves now have players who are comfortable on the ball, able to carry it forward and create, from back, right up to the forward line.

Going to Derby is never easy, i'm used to posting on here after a game and complimenting Derby for another victory. Today, for me, Wolves fully deserved all three points, in truth, we could easily have scored a couple more on top of the two we did.

What i find pleasing is the way we play, both wing backs, Douglas and Doherty make the pitch look big, stretch the opposition, so good going forward and they link up well with the likes of Jota and Enobakhare. Credit also goes to John Ruddy, he made important saves at the right time when Wolves were a goal up.

Derby actually started the game brightly, and had two early chances to go in front. Wolves slowly got into the game. It was good to see Douglas open the scoring, his hard work paid off after the ball in by Enobakhare. Going in 1-0 up at the break, i always felt we needed a second to kill the game off.

I often think at 1-0 that when i chance is squandered, Jota hitting the post and then Bonatini failing to score, that the opposition would get back in the game. It was good that Wolves scored a decisive second, Jota clean through and squares it for Cavaleiro to tap in. Both made it look so easy.

I could write another few paragraphs after what i have seen today, but with so many positives, i'm just looking forward to the Hull game in midweek.

Nothing is ever won, bar the three points for a win, after two league games, but the football on show is a joy to watch so far.
    Last edited by wolves71; 12-08-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    If the Middlesbrough and Derby league games are pointer for how Wolves are going to do this season, then i think we are all in for some exciting football and exciting times.

I spoke to Eve and ADP just after the final whistle and we all agreed the football was so good to see, arguably as good as anything that we have seen in a long time and then some. I'm not one for getting too carried away, after all it's only the second league game of the season.

What i will say is, Wolves are well organised, each and every player fits into the side and gives his all. Long gone is the long punt down field, Wolves now have players who are comfortable on the ball, able to carry it forward and create, from back, right up to the forward line.

Going to Derby is never easy, i'm used to posting on here after a game and complimenting Derby for another victory. Today, for me, Wolves fully deserved all three points, in truth, we could easily have scored a couple more on top of the two we did.

What i find pleasing is the way we play, both wing backs, Douglas and Doherty make the pitch look big, stretch the opposition, so good going forward and they link up well with the likes of Jota and Enobakhare. Credit also goes to John Ruddy, he made important saves at the right time when Wolves were a goal up.

Derby actually started the game brightly, and had two early chances to go in front. Wolves slowly got into the game. It was good to see Douglas open the scoring, his hard work paid off after the ball in by Enobakhare. Going in 1-0 up at the break, i always felt we needed a second to kill the game off.

I often think at 1-0 that when i chance is squandered, Jota hitting the post and then Bonatini failing to score, that the opposition would get back in the game. It was good that Wolves scored a decisive second, Jota clean through and squares it for Cavaleiro to tap in. Both made it look so easy.

I could write another few paragraphs after what i have seen today, but with so many positives, i'm just looking forward to the Hull game in midweek.

Nothing is ever won, bar the three points for a win, after two league games, but the football on show is a joy to watch so far.
    I've sorted my nephew out with a ticket for the Hull game with him living in Hull and no supporters number he couldn't get tickets in the Wolves end.
    Anyway look out for a board 5ft 10 bloke with a beard and say hello ����

Good to see you mate!

Great support you know us lot especially as half the time were looking at each other saying is that really our Wolves down on that pitch!

Early days but there's something special going on at our club and I'm quite happy to be part of it!

Great day out with Cannock Wolves, Burton becoming Wolverhampton the amount of Gold & Black around there pre game!

Happy days COYW

Quote Originally Posted by ADP22 View Post
    Good to see you mate!

Great support you know us lot especially as half the time were looking at each other saying is that really our Wolves down on that pitch!

Early days but there's something special going on at our club and I'm quite happy to be part of it!

Great day out with Cannock Wolves, Burton becoming Wolverhampton the amount of Gold & Black around there pre game!

Happy days COYW
    Same goes to you ADP. The first two performances of the season in the league are a massive step up to what we're used to seeing. The passing game is good to see. We won't always have it our on way this season, but i will try and enjoy it while it lasts.

We also went to Burton yesterday, we went in the wetherspoons and then the sports bar next door, a good day out had by all.

That behind the back pass from Bright deserved a goal. Too bad Doherty couldn't finish it.

Thanks Gav. Much appreciated

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)